What if your most rewarding experiences couldn't be captured by a resume?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world. The opportunity
Globally, nationally, and locally, EY is a leading provider of Tax services. Our credentials are unmatched, and remain the reason our firm is considered the "firm of choice" for Tax. EY is also the #1 deal advisor in Asia-Pacific
on value and volume of deals for the tenth consecutive year based on 2022 Mergermarket data. We are the only Big Four firm with a separate business unit focused solely on the financial services industry (known as "FSO").
By joining our growing team, you will be providing international transaction tax services including tax structuring, tax due diligence and tax modelling to a broad range of high-profile clients. You will have the chance to work on interesting and varied projects and be exposed to excellent career development opportunities to help uncover your potential both inside and outside of work. Your key responsibilities
What we're looking for
- Advise Australian and international financial services groups and institutional investors (e.g., banks, insurance companies, investment managers, funds such pension funds, sovereign wealth funds) real estate and private equity funds on all tax aspects of their transactions, whether it's an acquisition, disposal, refinancing, restructuring, new fund or initial public offering;
- Help clients throughout the transaction life cycle, from initial due diligence to post-deal implementation and beyond;
- Provide assistance with buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence services and provide tax transaction support;
- Prepare tax structuring advice and assist with review of transaction documentation and tax modelling services;
- Be a key participant in project managing transaction timetables and deliverables.
Here's our 'wish list' but don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes. We're interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
What we can offer you
- Specialist tax technical and legal skills;
- Australian tax experience ideally gained in a top tier accounting firm, corporate, business consulting or legal environment;
- Ability to develop strong and broad relationships with clients and provide a high level of client service;
- Ability to manage a team and delegate work to junior team members;
- Strong project management skills to ensure engagements run to time and budget;
- Ability to assimilate complex and technical information in a clear, succinct and well-informed recommendation to the client;
- Strong business writing skills;
- Ability to work within a truncated deal time-frame;
- Experience in or an interest in dealing with international tax matters and transactions [advantageous].
Acknowledgement of Country
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Discover the various ways our benefits can cater to your needs, across wellness, financial wellbeing, and family-friendly policies which include 26 weeks gender neutral paid parental leave at www.ey.com/au/benefits
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders - past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation Apply now... we're over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we're ready to welcome yours.
Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness (DE&I) are core to who we are, how we work and how we live our values. We hold a collective commitment to continue to drive an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging- where people are inspired to team and lead inclusively in their interactions every day. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and are committed to providing an equitable and barrier free recruitment experience for all. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com. Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.