At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and the world?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
High interest rates, the rising cost of goods and services, slow productivity growth and geopolitical uncertainty are creating economic challenges around the world. In addition, climate change, technological uplift and ageing populations are shifting the pressures on business and government alike. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. All our clients are impacted by the ever changing international and domestic economic environment and we need a strong macroeconomics team to guide and advise them.
Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this challenging economic environment: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better. What's in it for you?
As our Macro-Economist - Manager, Valuations, Modelling and Economics,
You will have the exciting opportunity to work alongside our Oceania Chief Economist, Cherelle Murphy, in a role that will see you analysing macroeconomic trends in Australia and New Zealand, analysing complex problems using a range of data science methodologies and sharing your insights with technical and non-technical audiences.
Your key responsibilities are:
What we're looking for
- Analyse trends and emerging issues in the Australian and New Zealand economies
- Work with the Oceania Chief Economist and senior economists to help our clients understand and interpret the economic landscape, drawing on your insights to bring clarity to economic problems.
- Contribute to thought leadership, research, publications and internal and external presentations.
Here's our 'wish list' but don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes. We're interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Extensive experience analysing trends in the Australian macroeconomic landscape.
- Sound working knowledge of key economic data sets (notably ABS) and evaluation methodologies.
- Minimum 2-3 years' work experience at the RBA or Treasury or similar.
- Experience at a financial institution or macro research team.
- Understanding of econometrics and modelling techniques
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective presentations skills
- Collaborative team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative and flexibility and work under limited supervision, delivering to tight timelines.
What we can offer you
- A keen interest in the Australian policy landscape
- Understand application of economic modelling tools such as CGE modelling
Acknowledgement of Country
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders - past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation Apply now... we're over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we're ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we're committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.