Legal Counsel, Securities Services –Senior Vice President
Legal Counsel, Securities Services -Senior Vice President (SVP) - C14
Reports to: Head of Markets and Securities Services Legal
The SVP level Legal Counsel position is a member of the Citi Legal, Australia & NZ team, located in Sydney, primarily supporting the Securities Services business of Citi's Institutional Clients Group in Australia and New Zealand but the role may also include providing support to the financial markets business and their various products and services: cash equities, fixed income, FX, GN20 rates, derivatives, custody, and structured products. Citi is one of the top five providers of custody and funds services in the world and holds assets on behalf of some of Australia's largest investment and super funds. The person in this role will be responsible for providing commercial and regulatory legal advice to this business with the support of the APAC regional Securities Services team and in conjunction with other functional support teams (e.g. compliance).
In addition, owing to the small size of the Citi Australia & NZ Legal team, all members of the Citi Legal team work to supporting each other as necessary, and are exposed to different areas of work beyond their role, including legal projects involving such things as legislative and regulatory change affecting the broader business, including foreign legislative change affecting the local business and local legislative change affecting Citi businesses outside of Australia. Essential
- At least 10 years' post-qualification legal experience from either in-house or private practice in a common law jurisdiction
- Experience of working with regulated financial services
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Flexibility and willingness to apply their skills to products, issues and legislation, in which they may not have had previous experience.
- Strong time management skills, practical solutions focused and a history of providing excellent client service.
- Strong team spirit and enthusiasm; willing to contribute to broader legal team and business initiatives
- Ability to create and build effective working relationships with colleagues, business and functional teams
- A current Australian practicing certificate or an ability to obtain one by the date of commencement
Job Family Group:
- A working knowledge of the Corporations Act 2001 or an ability to quickly develop such knowledge, including licensing requirements, market integrity rules and associated regulatory requirements.
- Experience with custody and funds services
- Experience working across borders in a multi-national environment.
Legal Job Family:
General Legal Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting