Mercer Description: Mercer
is seeking candidates for the following position based in Sydney or Melbourne: Legal Counsel - Wealth Team What can you expect?
Looking for an exciting role which will provide a sense of ownership? This is a great opportunity to expand your skills and progress with a global company.
This role would suit someone that demonstrated a willingness to take on increased responsibilities and is able to act independently, has excellent planning and organisational skills for project development and implementation, and is efficient at completing tasks timely to support internal and external clients demands. What is in it for you?
At Mercer, we recognise that our most important asset is our people. We offer benefits and programs that support career development such as professional development support, exam and study assistance and global rotation opportunities which will support and nurture you with every opportunity to reach your full potential.
We also recognise the value of healthy, happy colleagues and promote a culture of care and wellbeing, offering benefits such as flexible working and much more!
We will count on you to:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Become part of a global leader that has one of the strongest reputations in its industry
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and is supported in our global organisation
- Great team environment with supportive colleagues
- Provide advice to Mercer's business on all aspects of superannuation and broader financial services including trustee governance and licensing, regulatory issues, member complaints, product changes and trustee service provider arrangements.
- Reviewing PDSs and other disclosure material and advising on issues that arise,
- Assisting other lawyers in the Wealth team and broader Marsh Legal and Risk and Compliance team
- Instructing external counsel for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, including spend management and invoicing
- Assisting with development and scheduling of training
- Legal Research
What you need to have:
- Reviewing Board and Committee papers and provide legal signoff as required,
- Document management
- A law degree and qualified as a Solicitor (at least 3 years PQE)
- Pro-active and highly organised
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work autonomously and accurately to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of writing and communication skills
- Ability to draft and edit concisely
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's approximately 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with more than 85,000 colleagues and annual revenue of over $20 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit mercer.com. Follow Mercer on LinkedIn and X.
Marsh McLennan is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age, background, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin colour, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one "anchor day" per week on which their full team will be together in person. Note: the changes to our hybrid work policy do not apply to officially designated remote workers and are subject to any works council or local legal requirement.
Please apply using the link below, applications will only be considered from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal & Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.