Learning & Development Coordinator, Wealth Management
About The Company
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is one of the largest wealth management firms in the world, helping our clients pursue their goals at every stage of life. Our commitment to our clients forms the bedrock of everything we do, from the importance we place on integrity to our dedication to individuals. We are dedicated to building, preserving and managing the wealth of our clients through exclusive access to the firm's vast resources.
Our Australian Wealth Management business services individuals, families and institutions investing in both domestic and international markets, including direct equity, fixed income and derivative investments, financial planning, margin lending and managed funds. About the Role
The primary function is to assist with the smooth on-boarding and development of new employees by creating, developing and maintaining training content, processes and procedures; as well as liaising with Branch Managers, Product Managers, Client Services and Infrastructure to ensure projects are delivered seamlessly and consistently across the business. Responsibilities
• Assist in creating, developing and maintaining training material for all areas of MSWM Australia for new hires, new projects and regulatory changes in the form of videos, user guides, and intranet content.
• Work with Branch Management across all MSWM Australia offices to create and implement an efficient and timely process for the on-boarding of Financial Advisers, including the development of procedures.
• Flexibility to travel when new recruits join the firm to assist the Branch Management and coordinate onboarding training when necessary.
• Maintain knowledge on changes to any internal or external products, platforms, services or operational procedures.
• Be a key point of contact for all Australian Branch staff in regards to new product, processes and any issues.
• Maintain video content library, Intranet & Support documents. Compliance Responsibilities
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
• Comply with ethical standards contained in the Company Code of Conduct. Qualifications: Key Requirements/ Skills Technical/Specialist Skills/Competencies
• Writing and developing training material
• Well-developed IT literacy, database and analytical skills, including advanced Microsoft suite skills Business / Industry Knowledge / Competencies
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of financial markets fundamentals.
• Detailed understanding of how the organisation fits within the Australian market and global operations.
• Good understanding of the Private Client business model and operational trade/settlement process
• International Market Operations experience highly regarded
• Understanding of compliance and legal requirements within MSWM Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
• Financial consultant and client focus with the ability to build rapport at all levels.
• Developed interpersonal, negotiation and relationship management skills, including dispute resolution and relationship building.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work autonomously and to prioritise tasks where required. Qualifications/ Experience Required Qualifications
• Tertiary Qualifications
• Finance, Business or Economics degree well regarded but not essential
• Recognised industry studies preferred but not essential
• Cert IV in Training well regarded but not essential
• Experience with an broking environment highly desirable
• Administrative experience preferred
• Process Mapping & Training experience preferred Key Business Relationships Internal:
Senior Management, Branch Managers, Branch Risk Managers, Branch Staff, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, IT, Back Office Operations, International Operations External:
Clients, custodians and counterparties Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.