If you're a driven Java Developer with a passion for product development, join our Technology team aligned to our Commodities and Global Markets Group and showcase your skills in a challenging and dynamic environment. Our Commodities and Global Markets Group is the global trading and hedging, financing and research operations within Macquarie and is a core business with strong global foundations.
In this position there will be a focus on project deliveries across a large range of applications supporting the business. You'll be part of a dynamic team that supports globally used applications.
At Macquarie we support our teams to explore and grow through experimentation, hackathons, learning and community involvement. In this role you will:
To be successful in this role you will have experience in all or some of the following:
- develop software in Java programming language
- perform custom application development and design activities
- communicate with business users from all levels of the organisation (middle to back office) to gather and clarify requirements, arrange and coordinate testing
- play a role in software development effort estimation
- develop, test and deploy code in a variety of programming environments
- perform production release planning and execution
- participate in second line production system support and incident response.
- 6+ years' experience as a software developer
- proven practical experience building and supporting software application
- strong knowledge of SQL and Object databases
- working knowledge of frameworks including Multithreading, Spring and Hibernate
- experience with front end frameworks like Angular or React
- passion for Test Driven Development (TDD)
- scripting experience - Unix, Python
- experience with micro-services, containerisation, public cloud
- experience developing with document templating frameworks - WindWard, BIRT, Docmosis
- experience with developing automated document generation in Asian Character sets
- worked in CI/CD environments
- relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- financial industry experience would be highly regarded.
If this opportunity is aligned to your career interests and aspirations then please apply now or for any confidential enquiries please email Victoria Oh at Victoria.Oh@macquarie.com .
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available Advertised:
11 Sep 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: