Investment Banking Operations, Syndicate Ops, Analyst/Associate, Sydney
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business. Business Unit Overview In vestment Banking Operations
Investment Banking Operations provide operational support throughout the lifecycle of a Corporate Advisory or Financing Deal. The department is structured as five functional teams within Asia, Europe and the US. The teams are set up to manage each deal through client onboarding, logistics of marketing, deal execution, settlement and invoicing of fees and expenses.
This is a multi-faceted role across Syndicate Execution / Syndicate Operations and Corporate Loans Middle Office. Principal responsibilities gravitate around:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Role Description:
- ECM Syndicate execution and operational support across APAC markets - IPOs, block trades, convertible bonds
- Working on ECM transactions from pre-launch through to completion of all post pricing requirements
- Ensuring MNPI is handled sensitively according to the Compliance & Regulatory framework
- Ad hoc reports and analysis - regulatory and for the IBD team
- Providing a control framework to manage the operational risk of the business
- Orchestrating stock and cash movements associated with primary and secondary deal activity
- Providing support and advice to bankers with regards to operational processes impacting deal activity
- You will sit on the ECM Syndicate desk in Sydney
- Ensure all required postings & underwriting approvals are in place prior to transaction launch
- Review of offering documentation for proper syndicate language
- Obtaining security identifiers, while also checking internal product files for proper set-up
- Announcing deals street wide and publish an internal calendar of pricings and settlements
- Ensuring all client allocations are booked and balanced before settlement date
- Booking of swing trades to facilitate share movements between internal accounts and balancing these accounts to ensure no money or position remain after value date
- Participating in a formal closing calls with Issuer, Registry, Investment Bankers, working parties to ensure a smooth settlement mechanism
The Ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Effective team player, with the ability to build networks
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Self starter, able to work towards targets with minimal supervision
- Commercial awareness, able to understand the impact of the role on client experience and firm profitability
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to drive projects and programmes across the team
- Ability to use BI tools an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity