Your new company
A small, busy boutique accounting practice on the NSW Central Coast looking for an experienced Intermediate Accountant interested in joining a close-knit team. We are looking for someone that is proactive and doesn't mind getting in and helping at all different levels from answering phones to dealing with senior clients. Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Client record management, workflow reports
- Formal client & ATO communication
- Business Activity Statements (BAS's) and Instalment Activity Statements (IAS's)
- Financial Statements, including Depreciation Schedules
- Preparation of tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts and companies
- Liaison with the ATO on client matters including ATO applications such as ABN, TFN, GST and PAYG
- General accounting and taxation advice directly to clients
- Commitment to detail and accuracy of all calculations and systems
- Working and problem solving autonomously and within a team environment Administration and reception duties
What you'll get in return
- 2 to 3 years' experience in Business Services and Tax
- Chartered Accountancy firm experience.
- Can bring data to trial balance with an understanding of multiple entities.
- Calm problem solver with common sense and drive who is happy to offer suggestions and debate answers.
- Someone who would like to learn, grow and develop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A positive - upbeat attitude.
- Excellent people skills and excel in time management.
What you need to do now
- Previous experience with: HandiSoft, MYOB, Xero, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- CA/ CPA qualified, or currently completing
- Must have the right to live and work in Australia
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Roxann.Bentley@hays.com.au, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508