See job description for details
Strong IR Advisor required for an immediate start based in Sydney CBD. Your new company
You will be working for a well-established organisation with a small hardworking team supporting the IR function and providing advice to the wider HR Team. Your new role
You will be tasked with managing IR matters and tasked with:
What you'll need to succeed
- Your role will be to maximise a positive industrial workplace supporting a range of Human Resources functions across the organisation.
- You will be providing specialist advice by identifying IR issues such as risks, opportunities and challenges, identify IR impacts and conduct workplace investigations where appropriate.
- You will be confident providing advice to senior leaders and staff across Council on matters such as; workplace change, design and consultation, policy review and development, employee relations management, complaint handling, performance management, IR dispute resolution and more.
Strong experience across industrial relations is necessary for this role. You will be confident dealing with unions, running end to end investigations and ideally have experience with Fair Work. With strong moral values, you will focus on doing the right thing and have experience following a IR process from start to finish.
What you'll get in return
- Expertise in advocacy in order to prepare, present and argue industrial issues, including in relevant tribunals and Fair Work Australia, and to support legal counsel as required.
- negotiation skills
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Trade union understanding
- You will have tertiary qualifications in HR or significant experience in IR, Business Partnering or HR generalist in a large diverse organisation.
- Experience providing advice on industrial relations or employee relations issues across varied business areas in a unionised environment.
- Experience in stakeholder management including the ability to interpret employee entitlements and provide clear and supportive explanations and advice.
- Experience and knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues affecting a diverse organisation.
Employed on a 12-month fixed term contract. With a blend of working from home and office. The organisation truly values flexibility and will continue to work in a hybrid nature. Salary is $115k + super + full salary packaging + leave loading. You will be joining an organisation that is passionate, respectful and extremely values driven What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Sophie Cronin at email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508