Head of Institutional Sales, Australia & New Zealand
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. PRIMARY PURPOSE
This position is part of the Australia and New Zealand Distribution team within T. Rowe Price and will report to the Head of Distribution for AUS and NZ markets.
Strong preference for this role to be Sydney based.
The main purpose for the role is to lead the institutional team to deliver on our growth and diversification objectives. This will be a player/coach role with the expectation of high energy and activity.
The main attributes to be successful for the role will be an individual with a strong sales track record, demonstrated leadership experience and a strategic mindset. A successful candidate is one who can confidently navigate complexity, set and execute on strategies, whilst leading a high performing team with accountability and purpose. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Acts as a senior member of the Australian lead team.
- Leads a team of three direct reports including a Senior Relationship Manager (MLB based), Relationship Manager Associate and Team Administrator.
- Build effective relationships with internal teams and specifically with consultant relations, investment specialists, marketing, client service, product and intermediary sales teams.
- Anticipates changing dynamics of competitive landscape and future market trends and adapts and devise business plans, leveraging the knowledge of market dynamics and industry developments.
- Collaborates with others in relationship management, and client services teams to ensure a seamless sales and client experience and coordinate excellent levels of service across the business. Serves as an escalation point for critical service issues or roadblocks, demonstrating the ability to influence and drive issues through to resolution. Analyzes trends on escalated service issues, developing process improvement recommendations.
- Fosters an integrated team environment to create the best possible client experience.
- Motivate, coach and lead the team to meet and exceed broader business results, to together achieve the institutional sales team priorities and deliver superior client service.
- Leads and/or champions change initiatives that impact one or more departments or within own team.
- Address problems directly, promptly, and with candor.
- Assume overall responsibility for growing and cultivating the institutional business through selling TRP capabilities to the entire institutional market with a focus on engaging new clients and prospects to diversify our business mix.
- Work diligently to execute the sales process by thinking and working creatively to identify prospect/client/consultant needs, to translate complicated concepts into easily understood messages, and to effectively differentiate TRP from other firms.
- Must have perseverance, a strong read of people and environments, and also possess outstanding strategic selling skills that are required to successfully differentiate TRP in a highly competitive environment.
- Builds on existing network of senior level c-suite and investment contacts for the benefit of meeting business objectives.
- Manages projects effectively: establishes budgets, creates thorough plans, mitigates risks, and ensures that financial objectives are met and results are delivered.
- Uses deep client knowledge to advise others across the firm to generate innovative ideas and proactively design and develop services and products that benefit T. Rowe Price clients.
- Develops the team through continuous feedback, coaching, exposure, and stretch assignments.
- Sets aggressive goals for self and others and strives for excellence.
- Tracks and reports on sales strategy/relationship plan and results for the region. Implements and reports on function metrics and dashboards.
- Actively promote an inclusive and diverse workplace by modelling inclusive behaviours to deliver on DE&I objectives to foster positive change.
- Becomes a brand ambassador by developing an extensive network and key contacts in the market and industry.
- Preference for existing Head of Institutional Sales with proven sales performance, senior level c-suite connectivity and deep understanding of institutional market knowledge and trends.
- Strong people leadership skills. Experience in building and leading successful, motivated and diverse teams.
- Minimum 10+ years institutional sales experience, preferably has lead a team for 5+ years.
- A highly confident and articulate communicator, capable of effectively interacting with sophisticated institutional investors and inspiring strong collaboration within the organisation.
- Exceptional sales track record and previous experience successfully leading and delivering a diversified range of sales wins across Global Equity, Australian Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset and Alternatives.
- Ability to drive results and operate collaboratively.
- Strategically minded and ability to navigate through change with energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent judgment and problem solving, and the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions.
- Integrity in client interactions, and ability to raise ethical issues within the organisation.
- Drive and persistence, exhibiting exceptional effort to achieve work metrics and outcomes.
- Sound judgement and corporate know-how to be able to navigate a large global asset management firm.
- Degree educated, preferably also MBA or CFA.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.