Head of Global Markets Compliance
Position Overview Background
Deutsche Bank is one of the world's leading international financial services providers with over 87,000 employees in 63 countries. The operations of DB include the following business groups:
- Global Markets
- Investment Banking (inc Global Markets)
- Private, Wealth and Commercial Clients
- Deutsche Asset Management.
Deutsche Bank in Australia & New Zealand has approximately 400 representatives operating within these businesses plus infrastructure functions.
The Compliance mission is to:
Assist the Bank, its management and employees in the management of Compliance risk which includes: providing guidance (advice, policies, training), assessing, monitoring and reporting;
- Use a risk based approach while also aiming to facilitate the Bank's advancement of its business interests, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and market practice;
- Help safeguard the Bank's franchise and reputation as well as upholding its Values and Beliefs; and
- Support an open and transparent dialogue with all regulators.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Act in accordance with Deutsche Bank's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and actively promote the Bank's Values and Beliefs
- Managing Compliance initiatives, projects and tasks impacting Markets' businesses.
- Collaborating with the business and other compliance personnel to establish and maintain for Markets, an integrated compliance framework and supervisory structure.
- Providing timely responses to general and complex questions on a broad range of policies, procedures, regulations and firm requirements, with respect to sales practices, best practices, operations, products and trading including responding to regulatory matters and enquiries.
- Advising and assisting senior management and staff (business and infrastructure) on compliance matters and issues, including advising on the regulatory, compliance and other implications for new business initiatives with an ability to develop solutions that meet various internal and external requirements.
- Assist in the delivery of risk analysis and the carrying out of L2 Monitoring, Control and Testing (MCT) relying on MCT and other resources.
- Acting as a primary regulatory contact point and maintaining regulatory relationships.
- Coordinating participation in relevant local, regional and/or global forums an operational committees to provide relevant information and determine appropriate strategies and priorities.
- Promote relationships with the relevant Business Management offices, Divisional Control teams, AFC and other Infrastructure functions.
- Promoting and escalating appropriate Management Information to inform senior management of relevant matters in a timely manner.
- Liaise with industry peers to ensure DB's practices are consistent with market practice.
- Identifying regulatory trends and developments that impact Markets' businesses.
- Maintain, contribute to and develop local and global Compliance policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the delivery of appropriate face-to-face training for relevant front and back-office staff.
- Oversee the management of client complaints.
- Manage direct reports.
- Possess a minimum of 7 years Compliance (including in a Markets role), auditing or regulatory risk management/advisory experience within a financial institution, regulator and/or within a similar environment.
- Be educated to degree standard.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of Australian and New Zealand regulatory framework (including Market Integrity Rules) and relevant bodies.
- Be equipped to communicate clearly and effectively on all matters with key stakeholders at all levels including internal senior management and externally using all media.
- Be able to act as a strong collaborative team leader to enable the open exchange of ideas and facilitated effective decision making.
- Possess proven organisational skills, including an ability to influence outcomes and prioritize effectively.
- Be able to exercise sound judgment whilst generating new ideas and challenging the status quo.
- Have the proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across Levels 1 to 3 of the Bank with varying levels of seniority.
- Be able to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory/compliance decisions in a busy and high performing environment.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.