Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Australia SMID, Associate, Sydney
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Australia SMID team in Sydney, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY
The successful candidate would be working in the Australia SMID (Small/Mid-cap) team to analyze companies across a range of sub-sectors in industrial, consumer, technology and food/agriculture sectors. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building strong industry knowledge across a broad range of sub-sectors of SMID companies
- Building, maintaining and updating company and industry models
- Analyzing market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis
- Interpreting data and perform analysis on market, economic and technology trends
- Assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients
- Responding to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
- Developing relationships with internal and external clients including company Investor Relations departments, and handling requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 3+ years relevant work experience in investment research, comparable business/financial/consulting experience preferred.
- Experience in covering stocks preferred, but not necessary.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and technical skills - experience in Excel and working with financial models
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, and valuation
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking, logical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written in English
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.