See job description for details
Excellent greenfields General Counsel role with an exciting and fast-growing Australian based Fintech company Your new company
This Australian-based global Fintech is an industry leader in the payments and financing space and is about to embark on an incredibly exciting growth phase as it looks to expand its operations in Australia and around the world. As a result, it is now looking to bring onboard a General Counsel into the organisation to manage and support the business on a broad range of legal and compliance related matters while also playing a key role in the company's overall strategy and growth journey. Your new role
Sitting on the Executive Leadership Team with a direct report to the CEO, you will act as a trusted advisor to the business at a global level to ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Designing, implementing and maintaining the company's legal, governance and compliance framework including the creation of policies, procedures and precedents;
- Advising on financial services regulatory compliance matters relating to payments and financing (including AFSL and credit licence compliance requirements), and staying abreast of any regulatory and legislative changes that impact the business;
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a range of commercial contracts including supply agreements, integration partnership agreements, loan agreements, various technology agreements and employment agreements;
- Acting as Company Secretary for the organisation and providing general corporate governance advice as required;
- Develop and provide training for the business on key legal and compliance issues;
- Manage external counsel as required.
You must hold a current Australian Practising Certificate and have 10+ years PAE in the financial services sector with strong experience in regulatory and compliance matters. In addition, you will also have strong general commercial and/or corporate law experience and ideally have some exposure to technology contracts as well. Candidates with additional relevant experience in the US or UK would be highly regarded.
You will bring with you a very commercial mindset and entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work collaboratively with senior executives and internal stakeholders to achieve commercial objectives, while also being confident in your abilities to work autonomously on complex matters. Being a greenfield position, you will also have a proven track record of creating and implementing new legal and compliance frameworks from scratch. What you'll get in return
This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of an industry leading fintech company as it embarks on a massive growth journey. While being given the autonomy and flexibility to perform the role in the most effective manner for you, you will be part of a high-performing and experienced team who are supportive and collaborative, while also having access to a larger external support network. On offer is a competitive salary package and bonus, the opportunity to participate in an exciting employee share plan and a host of other benefits including paid gym memberships, paid learning and development opportunities and regular team celebrations. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively you can email your CV to Tina Kokkalis at email@example.com or call her on (02) 8226 9664 for a confidential discussion.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508