Fundamental Equities Core Portfolio Manager, Associate
Description About this role
Fundamental Equities sits within BlackRock's Portfolio Management Group (PMG), which encompasses Fundamental and Systematic investing across Fixed Income, Equities and Multi-Asset Strategies.
The Fundamental Equities (FE) business is a key division at BlackRock with over $250bn of assets under management, across 90+ strategies and over 200+ investment professionals. FE teams use traditional analytics to pick stocks and assemble coherent, deliberate and diversified portfolios. Through cutting edge technology, sophisticated models and embedded research, our investment management approach provides outstanding performance for our clients and is an important part of the BlackRock brand! The Role
BlackRock has an opportunity for a Core PM to join the firm's FE business in Sydney. We are responsible for a wide array of tasks within the FE investment process including equity order implementation, cash management, hedging strategies and compliance monitoring across the FE book. Additionally, team members handle all operational and control processes, technology and data change initiatives and relationships with Aladdin platform partners on behalf of the team.
Working closely with other members of the investment team, candidates should possess strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as a proven track record to work in collaboration with a wide range of partner teams. Successful candidates will possess outstanding attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and have a passion for thinking critically. Your responsibilities
• Implementation of equity, derivative & FX orders across a range of active strategies partnering with trading desks to target efficient execution
• Handle cash flow activity and overall cash allocations through derivative equitization, basket orders, and single-stock transactions
• Monitor funds to ensure investment strategy is implemented effectively across applicable accounts in accordance with client guidelines
• Produce daily, periodic and ad hoc reporting and analytics to support the investment teams' processes using Aladdin tools (Explore, ATP, ATX, etc.) and vendor systems (Bloomberg)
• Ability to evolve processes over time and implement more robust and efficient solutions in order to reduce risk.
• Be a student of the markets and become a crucial part of the investment team and their generation of alpha! Skills
• 3-5 years of experience, with a preference for people having at least 2 years' experience in a similar role (portfolio implementation)
• Broad financial and investment management knowledge, particularly on financial products, fund setup and investment regulation in various jurisdictions.
• Excellent computer technical skills: Aladdin knowledge preferred (ATX, ATP), Advanced level skills in Excel, Coding skills in VBA/Python and Knowledge of Bloomberg/Factset an advantage
• Strong process-oriented background including introduction of controls & procedures. Able to demonstrate keen awareness of Operational risk issues
• Understanding of and dedication to encouraging an inclusive, diverse, and equitable culture
• Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality. Proven experience working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment Education
• Bachelor degree required, preferably in a financial field. Master's degree, CFA, CAIA certifications would be an asset. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.