Fund Operations Associate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: The Role
This role of Fund Operations Associate is focused primarily on the functions of Fund Operations, Vendor Oversight and Funds Development. The team collaborates closely across all functions and so some support of Financial Reporting & Tax and Fund Finance provides an all-round exposure to all Fund related functions. The role is best suited to candidates who are able to apply a high degree of detail and expertise across a wide range of functions simultaneously. Vendor Oversight
Responsible for oversight of key activities performed by our vendors across Global Bank Oversight (NAVs), Shareholder Services (Investor Services) and the overall service quality of the vendors
- Global Bank Oversight is the group within PIMCO that oversees/reviews/approves the Fund NAVs that are calculated by the Fund Administrator. The Fund Operations Associate will be responsible for the execution of the Fund NAV reviews daily in order to verify what has been calculated and confirm the unit prices for the fund range to market.
- Investor Services is the group within PIMCO that oversees investor on-boarding, AML/KYC, transactions, email and call queries. The Fund Operation Associate acts a PIMCO point of coordination and escalation for these activities performed by vendor.
- Vendor Management Oversight is the group within PIMCO that monitors and reports the overall service quality provided by vendors, working with vendors to ensure all processes are being conducted in an accurate and timely manner. The Fund Operation Associate will act as the first point of contact with vendors for any incidents and work with the Vendor Oversight Manager and Head of Funds to work through the incident management processes. The same group will also work on periodic due diligence reviews with our vendors as outlined in the PIMCO vendor management framework. The Fund Operations Associate will also work through regulatory reporting such as transaction monitoring, as well as taking responsibility to manage and review Regulatory Guide ("RG") 97 vendor reporting.
The Fund Operations function is responsible for managing the flow of information from the Unit Registry through to the investment desks. This role will be responsible for
- Management of the daily cash inflow / outflow of the fund range, including validation of reporting from unit registry and ensuring the correct reporting flows through systems to the PIMCO investment desks
- Coordinating with Fund Finance team to forecast management fees payable from Funds and communication with the liquidity requirements to investment desks
PIMCO has a robust product design lifecycle that involves numerous teams across the business from Product Strategy, Client Solutions & Analytics, Legal & Compliance and Funds feeding into the design of new Funds. The Fund Associate is responsible for
- New Fund Setup/Fund Closure processes around the creation of Funds & Share Classes within internal systems and with vendors.
- Fund Documentation review processes around the regular review of Fund documentation such as Product Disclosure Statements and Additional Information guides to ensure the elements related to Fund team and vendors are accurate
In addition to these business as usual tasks, the Fund Associate will also be involved in small projects to enhance operating process, implement change internally (and with vendors) and align local requirements and procedures to global process changes. Position Requirements:
Required qualifications & competencies
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications & competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in a Business (Finance, accounting or related disciple preferred)
- 2 â€" 3 yearsâ€™ experience in Financial Services in fund administration, transfer agency, fund accounting or vendor oversight within an asset management firm or outsourced service provider is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of the structure and operational processes related to managed funds essential
- Ability to manage small projects of work alongside business as usual
- Strong English skills in both written and oral form essential
- Strong analytic approach and problem solving skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively across different business stakeholders
- Well organised and able to manage / prioritise competing deadlines
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications with advanced experience in excel
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office