Our client, a major bank in Australia is looking for a Finance & Treasury Manager to oversee the entire of Finance and Treasury activities in Australia and to ensure business is in compliance with APRA regulations.
- Overseeing the entire of company’s treasury position and deliver strategies under the Australia governance framework.
- Understand and communicate the company’s financial performance, position, capital and liquidity resources to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Able to perform onshore execution of treasury activities in a DR fallback by providing annual training and testing.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable APRA reporting standards, ATO taxation returns and filing, financial reporting and regulatory reporting frameworks.
- Complying with market disclosure obligations and local accounting standards.
- Keep key stakeholders informed on a timely basis, such as Country Councils, Regulatory Authorities, external auditors, and senior management.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, relevant Risk Management Frameworks and internal policy.
- Analyse and monitor company’s financial plan, forecasts and budgets
- Identify and prevent any internal/ external financial or fraud risks
- Qualified accountant with 3-5 yrs PQE.
- Experience working in banking and financial markets sectors.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills and able to build and maintain relationships with business leaders in Australia and across APAC.
- Familiar with Australian Financial Authorities Requirements and Tax regulations
- Have a strong control mindset.