Finance Analyst Business Partnering
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you" See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
Enterprise Services (ES) Finance is responsible for the provision of financial management services to the Enterprise Services Business Unit. We work closely with ES customers to help them understand their technology and operations costs and delivery of current and future strategic and financial plans.
ES delivers the Group's information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
Enterprise Services Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and financial management services to the Enterprise Services division.
The team provides business partnering, project support services and financial management services to Digital Operations and Technology (DOT).
We work closely with our stakeholders in both ES and revenue generating divisions to help them understand the business value of their technology and operations spend and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans. Do work that matters
This role is responsible for assisting the Executive Manager and Senior Manager in providing financial & commercial support to the ES Business Unit which includes the following preparation of:
- Monthly management reporting, variance analysis, commentary and insights including presentation to General Manager and Cost Centre Managers
- Drive the annual budget and quarterly forecasts process with the business
- Involvement in ad-hoc financial analysis and broader insight deliverables across ES Finance to ES Leadership team
- Identify and assist in implementing ongoing process improvements
You will report to the Senior Manager Finance Business Partnering, Chief Data Office, in Enterprise Services Finance, and your daily responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
We're interested in hearing from people who demonstrate:
- Providing business partnering to the Chief Data Office ("CDO") which includes the Data Delivery, Data & Analytics Enablement, Data Operations, Data Regulation & Policy, Data Strategy Execution, Performance and Privacy functions of the bank. The CDO platform is a key pillar of the Group Strategy and is an area of great innovation and investment
- Supporting the month end process including the preparation / review of month end journals, undertaking general ledger reviews, completing variance analysis and submitting month end results to Centre Finance.
- Assisting with the presentation of monthly financial reports to General Managers (and supporting the Leadership Team) including preparation of Leadership Team packs. Understanding underlying drivers of performance and variances to Plan and assisting in discussions with the Business
- Providing timely and relevant financial information and insights, analysis and advice as and when required to support timely and effective decision making
- Working closely with the business to develop meaningful driver based plans and forecasts in support of insightful analytics and business performance management, including the identification of cost savings and appropriate challenge of cost growth
- Collaborating with both Finance and Business stakeholders to drive business outcomes and become a trusted advisor
- Ensuring a strong financial control environment is maintained, including integrity of the general ledger, through extensive variance analysis and balance sheet review and challenge
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities in analysis, reporting and financial control
- Undertaking all activities in accordance with CommBank's values and support the Group's purpose
- Positively contributing to the team culture and working environment
- Adhering to the Code of Conduct, which sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people
- High degree of commercial acumen, with experience in Information Technology a distinct advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Stakeholder management skills with proven experience in building and maintaining strong business relationships
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting and analysis)
- Academic and appropriate professional qualifications (i.e. accounting qualifications such as CA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA), and experience in finance or operations functions would be an advantage, with 3+ years post qualification experience
This is a permanent opportunity, located in Sydney.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/05/2021