Engineering Lead - DevOps
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech business transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
As an Engineering Lead - DevOps
at Airwallex, you will be building a globally distributed, PCI DSS compliant platform using GCP and Aliyun, whilst guiding and upskilling internal teams using best practices for building, deployment and scaling applications in the cloud.
As we are a Financial Service company, security is at the core of our practices and automation.
Day to day you will demonstrate hands-on, engineering excellence and also support your DevOps team to develop professionally. We are passionate about our engineering managers being great technical and people leaders.
We want to decrease the time to discover problems and allow our teams to increase stability and not sacrifice agility or security.
A key aspect of this position will be building consensus amongst DevOps Engineers in different feature teams about the tools and practices we use, and evolving that consensus into agreed standards.
In addition to possessing strong technical experience you will also be passionate about translating intuitive, scalable engineering solutions into exceptional customer experiences. Our ambition is to revolutionise the infrastructure that facilitates business to business payments - you could play a critical part of making that reality.
What does it take?
- 8+ years working in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Support, teach, and mentor your team in cloud and build strong engineering fundations to help them with problems
- Manage multi-cloud environments such as AWS and GCP through automated scripts, and deploy, maintain, and optimize the operating environment of cross-border payment products
- Through software and hardware monitoring to ensure the stable operation of various services, solve problems and hidden dangers
- Embrace Lean principles to lead an Agile team - utilising sprints, epics, experiments, and iterating based on feedback
- Advocate improvement through retros and team collaboration via brown bags and demos
- Work on cutting edge technologies and use the best engineering practices (Microservices, DevOps, Continuous Delivery)
Who you are:
- You are a leader- with 8+ year's experience leading a high powered engineering team
- You are committed - you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You are a team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people
- You are naturally curious- always asking why and suggesting new ways to do things
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you will need:
- Confident in software development and an advocate of DevOps principles
- A passion for automation and repeatable processes
- Deep exposure to AWS, GCP and/or Aliyun cloud
- Broad experience with modern CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins , Gitlab or similar)
- Popular languages in the team are Python, Golang, Java and Rust
- Hands-on experience leveraging containerization including Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- A fervent enthusiasm for infrastructure-as-code (Terraform)
- A love for operational metrics including MTTD & MTTR and the capabilities and practices that allow these to be continually improved upon
- Excellent understanding of OS, platform and network security practices, patterns and frameworks
- Network topology and infrastructure architectures on Linux based platforms
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus We value diverse skill-sets, and don't necessarily require that you're skilled with all of the above. If you feel you don't fit all the experience/skills listed above we still encourage you to apply or get in touch.
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.