Director, Salesforce Private Equity Practice
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Sales Job Details Salesforce:
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. Our team is transforming the way private equity strategies create value for investors and their portfolio companies. We provide a unique form of capabilities to increase predictability, accelerate growth, and reduce risk. Blending analysis, vision, ideation, storytelling, business case development, and rapid application development, we enable senior executives to rethink how quickly and easily they can achieve their strategic objectives. The Role:
Reporting to the Salesforce Global Head of Private Equity Practice, you will be responsible for building and driving engagements with our strategic Private Equity (PE) Partners in Australia / New Zealand (ANZ). Salesforce's PE Practice works with our PE Partners to accelerate value creation in their portfolio companies through digital transformation, leveraging the Salesforce platform, ISVs, and ecosystem. In your role, you will serve as a single point of contact for our PE Partners into Salesforce. You will be responsible for building and managing the PE firm relationships in ANZ, commercially negotiating on behalf of the portfolio, ensuring governance, and monitoring the Salesforce success of our PE partners' portfolio companies. As a strategic Senior Director, you will originate new opportunities and influence sales cycles through a value selling approach that takes into consideration the specific transformation needs per portfolio company. You will curate the "Best of Salesforce" product specialists, solution engineers, account teams, and industry experts and train account teams and ecosystem partners on how to effectively sell to private equity-owned companies. You will develop marketing, thought leadership, and innovation programs to raise Salesforce's profile in the Private Equity industry in ANZ. Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our strategic Private Equity Partners, acting as the Single Point of Contact into Salesforce for your patch of Private Equity firms in ANZ
- Act as an advocate for the partnership within the Private Equity firm and at Salesforce
- Understand the Salesforce product suite and be able to ideate the optimal solutions to accelerate time to value in Private Equity portfolio companies
- Support our Private Equity Partners in due diligence to quickly develop growth strategies for carve-outs and new acquisitions
- Post announcement, work with the portfolio company to rethink business and operating model opportunities and align Salesforce capabilities
- Collaborate with our alliances and sales teams to expand the breadth and depth of our advisory partners for our Private Equity Partners
- Define and execute the go-to-market plan for each Private Equity partner in ANZ with clear success metrics
- Create large opportunities for Salesforce account teams and drive them to closure
- Act as C-suite partner to the Salesforce ANZ GM and her Sales leadership to ensure strategic alignment with the Salesforce strategic growth plans in the region
- Be able to clearly articulate the value of Salesforce across B2B and B2C Private Equity owned portfolio companies
- Understand the intricacies, politics, and strategies required to execute a partnership program
- Lead commercial partnership negotiations on behalf of Salesforce, both defining and executing the deal structures that work in each given situation
- Coach sales account managers aligned to your Private Equity partners' portfolio companies to drive value creation and grow the pipeline
- Manage the regional PE firm stakeholder relationships at PE firms where Salesforce has established Global Private Equity Partnerships
- Promote market awareness on Salesforce's innovation and Private Equity value propositions internally and externally through speaking and promotional thought leadership events
- Orchestrate internal and external portfolio performance reviews to assess operational metrics/effectiveness on a recurring basis with leadership
- Leverage all the Salesforce resources needed to ensure portfolio company customer success
- Leverage your significant experience in guiding executive teams towards transformation and helping non-technical people understand how technology can impact their world
- Manage a virtual team (internal and external) to deliver a compelling vision of our solution, including a clearly articulated business case
- You will have extensive experience influencing decisions in Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, Carve-outs and/or the Private Equity market in Australia / New Zealand
- You will be comfortable discussing IRR, ROI, TCO, business case development in the context of LBOs.
- You will have substantial experience working internationally, both with international clients and on international teams.
- You are proficient in developing C-level connections and gaining deep insight into the business dynamics of large complex enterprises and can help shape customers' growth and change agenda, as well as foresee organisation impacts brought by technology.
- You will have exceptional communication, strategic, analytical, influencing, and consulting skills, as well as a track record of building and leading complex, multi-disciplinary teams.
- You will have a strong understanding of the sales ecosystem; strategy, methods, cadence, reporting etc., and be proficient in producing accurate forecasts, and business plans while maintaining a focus on team development and growth.
- You will have a track record of delivering measurable results, regularly meeting or exceeding targets
- You have a strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen.
- You are a self-starter with a strong work ethic and personal drive, and character qualities that match with our company's core values and inspire others to follow and act
- You will have the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- You will have a willingness to travel on an as-needed basis >30% of the time
- You will be degree educated with excellent business/professional communication skills.
- Top tier consulting firm background, with significant M&A, strategy, or digital transformation experience
- Experience leading an enterprise digital transformation in either B2B or B2C
- Experience in business development in the Private Equity, Venture Capital, or M&A industry
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.