Director Payments Markets, Oceania
About The Role
SWIFT doesn't stand still. We are constantly evolving and tirelessly innovating. Working at the intersection of finance and technology is a very exciting place to be right now. SWIFT is transforming cross-border payments, making them faster and more transparent than ever before. We are the way the world moves value - every instant of every day, in almost every country.
The Payments & Trade Group delivers the market strategy, plans and in-depth expertise to accelerate our market share and revenue in payments and trade markets, across the Asia Pacific region. This group works closely with the Asia Pacific Business Development, Services and other expert groups (for example, capital markets, treasury/FX and standards) teams towards an aligned set of objectives. The team is the primary interface with the SWIFT global strategy and product organisations. Responsibilities
We are seeking a Director, Payments Markets, Oceania reporting to the Managing Director, Payments & Trade, Asia Pacific to lead the development of our Oceania Payments business. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and driving our payments markets strategy, product management and go-to-market plans in Oceania markets (Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific islands). The role will engage broadly across the Oceania financial community of central banks and payment system operators, commercial banks and other industry groups (fintech associations, government bodies etc), ensuring SWIFT offerings have high relevance and awareness in these markets.
The role requires high levels of integration with our regional payments expert groups, our business development organisation, regional leadership, global product, strategy, innovation and technology teams.
- Develop and execute Oceania's payments strategy and plans by understanding the competition, market trends, and the changing operating and regulatory environment in Oceania markets particularly as it relates to cross-border payments innovation, transaction banking and payment & settlement systems.
- Drive payments markets initiatives and be the Oceania market and product expert for payment market infrastructures, and payment messaging services and products, such as SWIFTgp-border payments innovation program.
- Act as the NPP payments markets leader supporting fulfilment of NPP contractual obligations including management with internal stakeholders for the delivery of NPP annual product roadmap
- Engage widely across industry in Australia and New Zealand to ensure SWIFT is at the forefront of industry developments in payments (e.g. payment system transformation to instant payments, open banking and RTGS development for adoption of new ISO 20022 standards).
- Drive leading industry position for SWIFT making full use of communication tools such as media, conferences, publications and thought leadership promoting Oceania payment innovation leadership. Represent SWIFT at seminars and industry forums related to SWIFT's payment business and innovation-leadership agenda
- Initiate, own and lead projects, campaigns and initiatives that drive increased relevance, revenue and market share. Qualifications
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience - 10+ years' experience in payments markets or transaction banking services, preferably gained in a marketing, strategy, or product management role
- Exceptional strategic B2B marketing process, formal problem solving and strategic skills and mindset. Insights are based on a sound understanding of the needs, problems and behaviours of key customer segments and articulated and executed as clear campaigns and/or projects.
- Financial technology experience gained in payments, network, platform, and/or transaction-based businesses. Expertise in payment and settlement systems, APIs, digitisation, ecommerce is welcome.
- Project leadership experience gained in matrix and cross-functional environments with a track record of delivering complex commercial projects.
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and across geographies and teams.
- Comfort with high levels of ambiguity and the skills to prioritise within a rapidly changing environment.
- Executive presence - excellent internal and external interpersonal and networking skills including at senior management level.
- Communicates strategy and key messages with clarity, consistency and confidence: has impact.