Director, AU Securities Middle Office
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. About The Division
Morgan Stanley’s Operations is committed to provide long-term career opportunities for talented, bright and energetic people in both a stimulating and supportive environment where they can achieve their maxim potential while enjoying themselves in the process.
Operations support the firm’s sales, trading and other business activities and has diverse responsibilities. The AU Securities Middle Office team supports all client-related equity trading activity from the point of trading through to settlement. The objective of the team is to maintain a high level of value added service and to partner with the Business Unit/key stakeholders to address key internal and client & broker issues. The team encompasses the below functional roles & as the manager of this team, the role will be ensure a strong control and risk framework.
• Trade Support (SYDTSG): AU/NZ Equity Markets
• Client Services (CSGAU): All Global Equity Markets About the Role
This role main aspect include but are not limited, people management, ad-hoc coverage of the AUSECOPS production functions and the strategic planning and implementation for the AUSECOPS team.
There are regulatory reporting requirements which are completed within this team, this impacts the starting/end times within the team and requires Director & Officer Sign off. Additionally, there is oversight on functions completed outside of the direct AU Securities Middle Office team of which there are oversight responsibilities. Key Responsibilities include:
• Set direction for the team, create a culture of control and set expectations for the team members.
• Management of the processing of all reconciliations that take place in the team (directly and in-directly), including Trading, Position and Omni accounts, Exchange
• Regulatory Reporting verification and submission & gaining understanding of ASX regulations and reporting requirements as they pertain to the onshore business;
• Developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver quality service and solutions to their evolving business requirements;
• Execution of controls around all functions managed within the team, and coordinating regular review of these controls to ensure relevance; Escalation of risk or exposure issues that arise;
• Manage client relationships and deal with any escalated issues. Promptly deal with problems as they arise and understand how to manage the client’s/ Business Unit expectations.
• Maintain a clear focus on enhancing control and continuously improving and reducing operational risk. Understand the control environment end-to-end and be responsible for managing continuous improvement of the process and control environment.
• Identify measures and escalate control-related issues. Take responsibility for saying 'stop' when threat to the Franchise exists, or may exist.
• Proactively explore tactical and strategic solutions to close identified control gaps, working with other groups as appropriate. Ensure existence of mitigating controls and constantly question procedures, checklists and reports to ensure that they are current and accurate.
• Define monitoring and control procedures, communicate risk reporting to management and work to realign resources to the changing risk profile of the firm.
• Act as a change agent and think about the direction of the department strategically. Work to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and use authority and responsibility to enhance business performance.
• Mobilize cross-functional teams to raise and address issues
• Contribute to business plan for area and establishes risk/contingency plans. Deliver on plans, complete next steps and resolves issues in a timely manner.
• People Management Responsibilities