Director – Debt Capital Markets, Global Banking
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
We are seeking a proactive individual to join our Debt Capital Markets (DCM) team in Sydney. Reporting to the Head of DCM Australia, you will be responsible for the origination and execution of capital markets deals for wholesale Australian and New Zealand clients across Global Banking and Commercial Banking.
As a Director you will drive and support the business in satisfying growth, revenue and cost targets, with the goal of enhancing client relationships (greater share of wallet). This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your strong origination, structuring, capital markets, relationship management and distribution skills within a results driven and challenging environment. Your main responsibilities will include
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need
- Leading, overseeing and assisting where relevant, pitch preparation, negotiation of transaction terms, all financing functions/tasks, credit and any underwrite processing, execution and distribution
- Establishing a strong and productive network of relationships internally, including relevant stakeholders in the Global and Commercial Banks, and externally with particular emphasis around maintaining close frequent contact with key target clients
- Overseeing and managing the preparation of wider debt market updates and strategic pitch books
- Proactive engagement driving the application of new financing products and initiatives including sustainability/ESG-related financing
- Management of any credit/underwrite risk, transaction documentation and any ongoing management of those exposures
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues across HSBC's Global and Commercial bank and other product areas including Leveraged and Acquisition Finances, Strategic Solutions Group, Global Markets, and Infrastructure, Export and Asset Finance to identify and action cross selling opportunities across the business
- Developing/maintaining an appropriate level of understanding of each relevant client's business, industry and associated markets
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.
- Previous experience within capital markets as a Director or Senior Associate Director
- Proven experience undertaking origination/marketing activities, and deal execution
- Appropriate analytical skills with a strong commercial orientation
- To consistently meet and exceed client expectations through superior service and show the ability to identify cross sell and business growing opportunities where relevant
- Solid understanding of risk management and risk mitigation
- To be able to demonstrate your ability to build strong client and internal relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree qualified in a finance related discipline