- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, and drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG's Innovation, Solutions & Ventures
portfolio ideate, incubate, coordinate and scale new tech-enabled solutions and emerging technology capabilities. The team combines a diverse skillset across data, intelligent automation, emerging technology, product management and innovation to deliver unique solutions to our clients.
Our culture is characterised by a start-up mentality combined with professional entrepreneurship. Our team is made up of passionate people who want to deliver value to clients in a new context, in which we connect in-depth specialist knowledge with the latest technological possibilities. We are looking for people who want to take on this challenge with us and are ready to contribute to the growth of the firm. Are you?
- Inquisitive and eager to learn across a range of challenges, not just a single tech stack or vendor?
- Known for being passionate about automation and the benefits it delivers?
- Have a background in both infrastructure and software development?
- Know what good quality pipelines and IAC look like?
- Experienced in building and operating cloud native and combined legacy applications in both enterprise and start-up environments?
As a Cloud Operations Engineer
, you are part of the ISV Engineering Solutions team in which technology, product, customer experience, commercial and marketing experts, work together to take new technology enabled solutions to market. We deliver and operate scalable technology-enabled solutions for our customers, based on KPMG's expertise and experience. We are also responsible for accelerating and initiating innovation and digitising our own business. Responsibilities:
As Cloud Operations Engineer, you'll ensure the efficient and effective function of the ISV solution portfolio in AWS and Azure in order to provide world-class service to our customers. This role involves a combination of hands-on technology operations together with management of third-party infrastructure teams.
How are you Extraordinary?
- Identifying and executing maintenance and improvement tasks
- Communicating by tracking risks and issues, reporting on service health and escalating as required
- Working closely with the technical operations inc Service Desk team during incidents and deployments (and more broadly as BAU)
- Ensuring that monitoring and alerting is in place and working
- Managing and executing the DR test schedule and CAB process
- Providing clear guidance and frameworks for the operational handover of new solutions (and changes to existing ones) to project teams
- Resolving issues out of hours if it's urgent - but ultimately putting things in place to avoid emergencies
- Matrix-managing the engineering team for resolution of operational issues and maintenance tasks if required.
- Ensure quality by reviewing tests, code, infrastructure and pipelines and provide feedback and guidance on how to address issues.
- Consulting with business owners to establish the problem, the requirements and assess the feasibility
- Research into appropriate technologies and patterns to find the best technology solution among all possible to solve the business problem
- Creating solution designs and a roadmap that explain the problem, the architecture, how the system works, key considerations for security and data privacy and how it will be delivered
- Presenting solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders for discussion and approval.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience include:
The KPMG Difference
- Expert knowledge working with a broad scope of technologies e.g. Windows Server, Linux, Firewalls, Networks, DNS, Monitoring, Alerting
- Experience Azure IaaS/PaaS technologies in a production customer-facing environment - CI/CD/Configuration Management experience (ARM/Azure DevOps/Puppet/Chef)
- Work closely with broader team finalising design requirements, development showcases and testing.
- You'll engage with leadership team - Partners/Directors, manage relationship with stakeholders and SME team as part of design and build.
- Hands-on experience within on-premise and cloud computing environments, as well as an understanding of related strategies and technologies.
- Strong stakeholder/vendor management skills, influential and ability to work autonomously.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to 'Flexibility' allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary! Advertised:
25 Aug 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close:
28 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now