Data Centre Specialist (Raised floor planner)
There is no other company like IBM and there is no business professional like the IBMer. We are experts in nearly every technical scientific and business field. We are citizens of, and apply our expertise in, more than 170 countries. Yet we are united by a single purpose: to be essential. IBMers change how the world works. Be part of our team.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Perform mission-critical work with our clients
- Immediate start
- 24 month position in Sydney
We are searching for a highly motivated Raised Floor Planner to provide detailed planning for equipment installation or de-installation in the Raised Floor environment for our banking client. This includes identification and coordination of works required by the Data Centre Design Authority.
What will I be doing?
Reporting directly to the DCS Operations Manager, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Support the effective utilisation of Raised Floor capacity
- Support of DCS to track Data Centre Raised Floor space
- Support of DCS to provide floor space utilisation reporting
- Maintain the accuracy of the data contained in the Struxureware tool
- Provide input into new solutions regarding capacity and location of equipment
- Assist DCS in maintaining Raised Floor Master Floor plan
- Conduct book to floor audits
In addition, you will be responsible for alignment of IT equipment architectural plans with the site and you will maintain the accuracy of data within the Struxureware tool.
What skills and experience will I need?
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Proficient in the use of IBM Notes and associated applications.
- Knowledge of Change & Incident Management using the "Remedy" application.
- Experience using the Schneider DCiM application "Struxureware".
Ability to work across three Data Centre sites within the Sydney Metropolitan area is a must.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Sign me up!
If the above sounds like THE perfect opportunity for you, please apply online with your resume.
To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Note: The successful applicant must have the ability to work in Australia without the requirement for sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise