Data Center Regional Controls Audit Engineer (Field Engineering)
As part of the Field Engineering Controls Audit and Optimization team, you will work with highly motivated experts and innovators in the data center industry.
You will be responsible for auditing, optimizing, and identifying risk in the automation systems within the data centers. Automation systems consist of Building Management Systems (BMS) and Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS). Using Amazon leadership principles, you will develop new processes and standards while innovating in the controls space.
As a Controls Audit Engineer you will:
• Perform controls root cause analysis for historical events for AWS data centers.
• Review and Identify risks within the scope of Building Management System (BMS) and Electrical Power Monitoring System (EPMS) for in-flight AWS data centers.
• Review and Identify risks within the Quarterly maintenance cycles for BMS and EPMS.
• Develop scope of work for site improvement projects.
• Work under tight audit schedule and project timelines.
• Coordinate risk remediation with multiple stakeholders, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
• Review controls sequence of operation and provide feedback to design.
• Review and Identify risks within the physical layout of Controls Hardware, Network Topology and security of Controls systems
• Ensure data center controls are deployed in accordance with Basis of Design (BOD) and specifications.
• Review and provide feedback on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) drawings.
• Act in a project sponsor capacity.
• Grow in technical ability by learning a multitude of different automation platforms.
• Review and Identify risks within the automation controls drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Review and Identify risks pertaining to the size of controls valves and damper actuators and select controls devices.
• Review and Identify risks within the controls logic programming.
• Review and Identify risks within the graphical user interface.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • B.S./B.A. degree with 4 years of relevant controls work experience or A.S. and 6 years of relevant controls work experience
• 2 years of experience in designing, configuring, programming, installing or servicing one of the following products: Siemens: Apogee, Honeywell: Building Controls, Trend: Building Controls, Schneider Electric: Power Logic/Struxureware, Rockwell Automation: FactoryTalk, Ignition, Tridium: Niagra, Eaton: Foreseer, ABB: Decathalon, Johnson Controls: Metasys
• Minimum 2 years of experience in project coordination with multiple teams or vendors to meet project requirements.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • M.S. in an engineering-based discipline or 10+ years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 6 years of experience in either design programming, or startup/commissioning.
• 4 years of experience in project management.
• Experience with controls in data centers or other critical facilities.
• Networking administration experience.
• MQTT communication protocol experience.
• Experience in any of the following systems: Siemens, Eaton, Tridium, Distech, Struxureware, APC, Ignition, or ABB.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• This role requires domestic and or international travel up to 50%.
• Solid foundation in communication protocols.
• Windows power user skill set, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
• Demonstrated understanding of engineering documentation, electrical diagrams and standard operating procedures.
• Demonstrates professional communication skills, teamwork, organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
• Ability to develop solutions and execute plans on complex projects
• Previous ownership of fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.