- Rare opportunity to join a global data team with rapid growth trajectory
- Impact and contribute to both internal and external stakeholders
- Working on the world's largest proprietary database of insurance placement data
Aon has built the world's largest proprietary database of insurance placement data, giving insight into over $147bn worth of premium and 1.6m of unique quotes globally. AGRC, Data & Analytics is a centralised capability focussed on providing external and internal consulting services to realise the benefits from these data assets. The team will enable Aon partners to tap into its unrivalled skillset to deliver solutions for clients across service streams and leveraging insights across the entire business.
AGRC, Data & Analytics is a team of 5 with a rapid growth trajectory. The team includes a diverse range of specialists across Actuarial, Decision Science and Data Engineering disciplines. Team members will execute a mix of client billable and unbillable work. The Responsibilities of the role are:
- Ability to design, develop and maintain dataflows
- Delivery of consulting services including presentation of insights and analytics to clients
- Execution of tasks and projects at the allocated time and budget
- Creation of tools and data analytics products from conception to rollout using prototyping and agile methodologies
- Advocacy and training driving adopting of data analytics tools and products to the broader users
- Documentation of thought leadership, RFPs and reports containing analytical insights
- Minimum 2 years in a role requiring autonomous development of data analytic products by programming
- Proficiency in a subset of the following data analytics tools and a willingness to learn and adopt alternatives:
- Ingestion: StreamSets, Informatica and SSIS
- Data analysis and processing: MS SQL, Spark and Hadoop
- Data Exploration: alteryx, R, Python and cloudera
- Visualization and distribution: tableau, Power BI and QlikView
- Preferred tertiary qualification from a discipline based in quantitative analysis such as Engineering, Mathematics, Science and Finance
- Additional qualifications and credentials in decision science methods, statistics, project management and software development is advantageous but not essential
We're a team of authentic and smart individuals focused on providing exceptional value to our clients and our local communities. Meaningful and genuine relationships are at the heart of our business success and we're proud of our positive impact.
Here at Aon, you're always more than just a job title. We encourage and support you to expand your knowledge and grow alongside some of the best people in the business - in Australia and throughout our connected global networks.
How to apply:
- As a valued colleague of Aon, you (and your family) have access to benefits that support your holistic wellbeing
- You will receive a generous Group Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI) policy which will provide you with up to 75% of your salary
- Aon actively supports employees who wish to pursue work-related studies
- Aon colleagues gain access to the Well One app. The Well One program aims to support colleagues in balancing emotional, physical, lifestyle and financial wellbeing
Please submit your up to date resume and cover letter with relevant experiences.
Aon is committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture with growth and development opportunities for everyone. Diversity is the foundation on which we have built our world-class organization, unparalleled in delivering distinctive value through the work we do.
We embrace an inclusive culture where our people trust each other, respect diversity and share ideas freely.