Customer Advocacy Manager - 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Wealth and Personal Banking serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
This role is a full time permanent role for an ambitious individual to join the team as a Customer Advocacy Manager - 12 months secondment.
• Responsible for investigating, managing and drafting responses to customers for complaints determined to be managed by the Customer Advocate made by customers from WPB and small business customers from CMB within the required SLA.
• Tracking and ensuring updates are provided to customers or AFCA where their complaints are under review by the Customer Advocate in line with the required SLA and any commitment made by the Customer Advocate.
• Effectively investigating the complaint, including accessing information held in all the bank's systems and the Complaints database and collating the information for the Head of Customer Advocacy to review.
• Liaising with Regulatory Compliance and Legal as part of complaint investigations and preparation of response letters. Where gaps are identified, actively participating in closing off any compliance issues that may have been identified during the complaint investigation
• Understanding of Collections procedure and legislation to assist with collection complaints, where required and responsible for setting up and updating complaints logged in the Complaints database (CMS).
• Providing feedback to the Customer Relations managers regarding complaints management and outcomes
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with the team and stakeholders in particular the Customer Relations Team as well as other teams across all areas of WPB and CMB. Qualifications
At least 5 years experience in banking/financial services (or related field)
Previous experience in complaint handling an advantage
At least 3 years experience in complaints handling in any industry; or
Experience as a financial counsellor (qualified); or
Experience working with Australians who are experiencing vulnerability.
Knowledge of the Bank's customer management systems
Experience in a customer facing role (including on phone) preferred
Self-confident, Team Player and able to handle new situations including dealing with customers who may be experiencing vulnerability
Be able to demonstrate a variety of soft skills and inter-personal skills including empathy
Able to use their own judgement in order to prioritise complex workloads and work to tight deadlines
Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate flexibility in thinking
Ability to build and maintain relationships across different levels of an organisation
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organisational skills
Creativity and willingness to take the initiative.
An enquiring mind with a good eye for detail is key.
Proficient knowledge of PC based systems
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as SMS, WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.