Corporate Payments Manager
- Sydney CBD
- Jul 21, 2021
- $100k - $120k
Accountant/Fund Accountant - Permanent Position - $100k - $115k + super + bonus - working for one of Australia's leading Wealth organisations Intro
Looking for a CA/CPA qualified Accountant/Fund Accountant within Financial Services to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy The Role
The major function of this role is to implement, perform and improve financial calculation and payment processes across a range of entities with a key focus on the wealth businesses. At times, this will include leading or be involved in the delivery of key initiatives linked to operational improvements.
Other aspects of the role include contributing to a strong financial risk environment, team engagement, managing internal and external stakeholders and providing strategic support to the business. Stakeholders include, but are not limited to Business Unit Finance teams, Fund Accounting, and the organisations leading Wealth Management Team.
This role is required to deliver a strong level of insight and analysis with quality data to support key stakeholders.
Your Experience Your skills& experience Your
- Prepare, supervise and deliver fee, rebate and other payment processes including reporting and invoicing
- Update and maintain calculation models with a priority to automate and streamline existing process
- Oversee simplification of other operational activities, including cash management and systems administration
- Manage and/or contribute to projects encompassing productivity improvements, system changes and other ad hoc initiatives and tasks.
- Seek opportunities with project stakeholders to define, implement and continuously improve commercial outcomes
- Provide guidance and development to financial analysts within the team promoting efficient and high quality outputs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with your key stakeholders, collaborate and be seen as a trusted adviser to them.
- Act as a role model by consistently displaying leadership behaviours that encourage productive working relationships and strong customer service culture.
- Use influencing skills to develop and implement strategy, collaborating with others to achieve common goals
- Manage the processes effectively to ensure contract specifications are complied with
- Actively contribute to setting stretch targets for yourself and the wider team, coaching and mentoring team members to achieve exceptional results
- Background in financial services with experience in consulting, auditing, accounting, business operations, fund accounting or project management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including familiarity with data and modelling
- Strong productivity mindset to drive continuous improvement through streamlining models and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with managing situations where "influencing" and practical outcomes are paramount to achieving success
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills
- Advanced written/oral communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who displays a "can-do" pro-active style and desire to provide excellent service to customers
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, VBA, Access)
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline - finance / business / actuarial
- Preferably professional qualifications in a relevant discipline (CA, CPA, FIAA or equivalent)