Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our strong team of 600+ Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro About the role
The primary purpose of the Corporate IT function at Tyro is to provide outstanding service to Tyro employees and support the successful operations of the Corporate IT department.
This is a technical team lead role suitable for a highly experienced systems engineer wanting to complement his/her technical expertise with leadership responsibilities.
Under the guidance of the Head of Cloud & IT, the successful candidate will combine excellent troubleshooting, proven project delivery track record, and team leadership in delivering a best in class solution to support Tyro's strategic objectives.
The role is expected to divide the work week as follows:
10% Strategist | 20% People | 70% Execution What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Analyse and define the workplace and infrastructure roadmap aligned with Tyro's strategy and architecture.
- Lead Design spanning on-premises, hybrid, and cloud-based infrastructure
- Recommend and decide upon alternative technologies and improvement
- Develop business cases to support transition and target state evolution, including identification of rationalization/simplification opportunities
- Evaluate Workplace and Infrastructure projects for internal alignment.
- Lead a team of 6 system engineers to ensure optimal project delivery cadence and excellent support level to the greater company
- Forging relationships with the Tyro business and technology units and ensuring alignment to industry standards and guidelines
- Engage/work with Tyro's Architecture Community to propose Workplace design and ensure alignment
- Guide teams on workplace and infrastructure solution delivery.
- Assess, plan, and implement integrated Microsoft 365 solutions for secure and compliant modern collaboration.
- Plan for and help Customers deploy the products, features, and components of Microsoft 365 for Enterprise.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met
- Identify gaps in the documentation required to demonstrate compliance with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Microsoft Azure & M365 certifications are preferred
- Architecturally focused with ability to design, implementation and support Microsoft Cloud Technologies including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions.
- Significant experience in on-premises and cloud-based technology solution design including the development of IaC with Bicep, ARM Templates and associated Pipelines in Azure DevOps.
- Strong hands-on experience with Entra ID Conditional Access, Enterprise Applications, Privileged Identity Management, Multifactor Authentication, Entra Connect and Application Proxies.
- Experience with Azure Technologies such as Azure Firewall, Azure Files, Azure Policy, Azure Monitor, Azure Backup, ExpressRoute, Virtual Machines, vNETs, Route Tables, Private Endpoints, Bastion, Azure Migrate, Private DNS Zones, Storage Accounts, Virtual Network Gateways, Management Groups, Landing Zones and Cloud Adoption Frameworks.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, PowerShell, Intune & SCCM.
- Strong technical knowledge of server operating systems including Windows and Linux.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with and present complex technical IT concepts and methodologies to technical and non-technical stakeholders and decision-makers at all levels.
- Experience in end to end IT project delivery
- Be responsible for a broad range of activities, including configuration, demonstrations, design workshops, testing, training, knowledge transfer, UAT support, production go-live, hyper-care, and transition to internal support teams.
Perks & Benefits
- People leadership experience highly desirable, however past experience in mentorship, squad/project leaderhip are also highly sought after
- Experience with JAMF for MacOS/iPhone/iPadOS integration with M365
- Cisco Networking Technologies and authentication principals
- Palo Alto Firewalls
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more! Our Story
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we're much more than an EFTPOS provider - Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts
to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Values Wow the Customer
- We love our customers and we want them to love us too. Be Good
- We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard. Commit to Greatness
- We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?" Stay Hungry
- We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win. Win Together -
We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate. Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV's. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.