Corporate Advisory, Natural Resources Group, Analyst/ Associate, Melbourne or Sydney
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Corporate Advisory
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Corporate Advisory Division provides broad-based, global service with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, privatizations and equity/debt offerings, leveraged finance, structured product solutions, risk management transactions. We assist our clients to achieve their most important strategic and financial objectives. We play an important role in developing and strengthening our client relationships, participating in advisory teams and in structuring and executing a full range of financial transactions. The successful candidate can expect regular interaction with client executives, and constant teamwork to help guide clients in their financial decisions.
Our advice is based on the specific circumstances and strategic considerations relevant to the client and commonly begins with an examination of their business model, level of development, capital structure, strategic imperatives, and overall financial profile.
The group work closely with many other areas of the firm, particularly equity sales and trading. Close interaction and coordination with these different groups of professionals provides us with enhanced market intelligence and best-in-class structuring and execution advice.
We work in developed and emerging markets worldwide to deliver financial services for a wide range of industries. Our team approach to client service enables our people to play an important role in building relationships and executing transactions . Classic teams have expertise advising clients across industries, regions and products. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Natural Resources team (whose coverage encompasses the energy, power, infrastructure and mining sectors) in ANZ is looking for a talent to join the group.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years (for Analysts) of work experience or MBA degree with relevant experience
- Experience with due-diligence and transaction execution processes
- Experience with buy-side and sell-side M&A, equity and debt financing transactions
- Strong financial modelling skills (including stress testing) and experience of building/maintaining operating models
- Experience of preparing and maintaining industry/company presentations and benchmarking materials and other process documents
- Exposure to financing capacity valuations, impact analyses, bid analyses and collateral data analyses
- Experience of financial valuations with knowledge of DCF, LBO, merger modelling, comparable companies, precedent transactions etc.
- Strong team orientation and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in multiple groups and regions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid work ethic, motivation level, and strong attention to detail
- Capacity to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people and act as a point of contact
- Prior experience in natural resources sector beneficial but not essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity