- More time off for the things that matter - Up to 6 weeks' leave
- Work where we work best - Hybrid office/work-from-home environment
- Fun, collaborative and innovative team culture
Our corporate trust business is a leading provider of fiduciary and digital solutions to the banking and financial services industry in Australia and Singapore. It administers securitisation portfolios, investment and debt structures to protect the interests of our clients' investors. Corporate trust supports clients locally and overseas with a unique offering through five key service offerings: Debt Market Services; Managed Fund Services; Perpetual Asia (headquartered in Singapore); Perpetual Digital, and Laminar Capital.
Be part of the Governance and Oversight business whose goal is to deliver an effective and best in class Outsourcing Framework which manages the businesses risk exposures, ensuring key governance and oversight obligations on service providers are met in a timely manner and in compliance with Perpetual policies. About the role
As a Compliance and Oversight Manager at Perpetual Corporate Trust, you will:
- Develop a good understanding of the service providers functions relevant to the Wholesale Trustee and Responsible Entity funds offered.
- Review compliance reporting received from providers and ensure in line with framework and obligations depending on business line.
- Understand the legal, regulatory, compliance and risk frameworks in place that govern our funds.
- Assist and maintain data on Fiduciary Intelligence to ensure kept up to date and relevant for each service provider in line with their services.
- Assist with the Service Provider Monitoring program from distribution of questionnaires to providers, managing responses and preparation of final reports.
- Issue Due Diligence questionnaires for new providers, review responses and prepare final reports.
- Follow up on Action Plans issued to providers post Due Diligence review or the Service Provider Monitoring review. Review data provided and assess suitability against requirements.
- Assist with user end testing on Fiduciary Intelligence prior to enhancements being implemented into production.
- Complete CSA testing in accordance with CSA testing cycles.
- Assistance with reporting to Management, the Compliance Committee, and the Board.
- Develop and maintain good understanding of Perpetual's requirements, risk appetite, managed funds, service providers and distributors.
- Develop and maintain good & effective relationships with service providers and internal stakeholders.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects as required.
The ideal candidate should have:
How we work
- A degree in law, business, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in the financial services industry, with exposure to managed funds.
- Risk/compliance/internal audit role within a financial services firm.
- Professional consulting services firm focussed on financial services / operational due diligence.
- Previous experience with project management (highly desirable).
- Previous experience with reading regulations and determining impacts to business (highly desirable).
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Our unique culture is underpinned by our three organisational behaviours, Stretch, Own it, Make an impact which drive our approach of day-to-day interactions with colleagues and clients; the way we approach decision-making to the questions we ask and the problems we solve. Employee benefits
Diversity and inclusion
- Work from anywhere in Australia for up to one month each year
- An annual allowance to empower you to prioritise your personal wellbeing
- Access to LinkedIn learning, study support and commitment to supporting professional development
- Lend your expertise and support Indigenous organisations to achieve their own development goals with a six weeks' secondment with Jawun
- WGEA Employer of Choice for gender equality since 2018
- Strong commitment to all aspects of Diversity and Inclusion through a robust 7 pillar strategy
- A growing number of employee-led networks who work to raise awareness and drive continued change
- We support over 50 Indigenous communities through Native Title Trusts, helping to secure the communities future. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and communities. Our goal is to provide a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances.