Location: Sydney or Melbourne
Work Type: Hybrid Working
GLAS have an opportunity for an experienced Compliance Analyst to join this growing and dynamic Global firm in our Compliance team, based in our Sydney or Melbourne office primarily supporting the Australian business, but also providing coverage (during the Australian business day) for our centralised Compliance function based in London. You will require a strong and well-rounded knowledge of KYC/AML onboarding and have experience completing end-to-end KYC processes. Within the compliance framework, the Compliance team play an active part in the continued development of the department. This is a centralised team which supports a diverse global business.
- Responsible for onboarding entities in line with the applicable AML policy requirements
- Quality control checks of your peers' cases
- Maintain awareness of local regulations and upcoming changes to these, flagging any impact to GLAS.
- Proactively managing workload, with competing priorities and stakeholders
- Prioritise the onboarding of new entities in conjunction with ongoing projects within the team.
- Periodic KYC reviews
- Full understanding of the transactions being onboarded, and the service that GLAS is providing. Act as gatekeeper to escalate these accordingly if not in line with company policy.
- WorldCheck screening and ongoing monitoring
- Maintaining internal procedure documents
- Reporting metrics
- Responding to external due diligence requests about GLAS/ completion of KYC forms
- Accommodate periodic evening calls with the London team in order to promote connectivity.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ideal candidate to possess a minimum of 3 years of AML experience.
- Entrepreneurial business focus
- Effective communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable strong time-management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage priorities while balancing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- In-depth and comprehensive knowledge of KYC and AML, in particular onboarding entities from a wide range of jurisdictions and risk considerations
- Up to date and comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements
- A strong knowledge of different complex corporate entity types
- A well rounded and experienced individual within KYC operations
- Ability to identify red flags and issues and escalate these accordingly.
- Understanding of the Debt Capital Markets and Restructuring/Bankruptcy
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship both internally and externally.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and being responsive to client demands.
- Outgoing personality and ability to deal directly with a variety of clients in a purposeful and constructive manner, in line with GLAS values, policies and procedures.
- Highly organised with a "can do" attitude.
- Proactive thinker and planner with a strong work ethic
GLAS is an award-winning independent debt administration services company providing, amongst other services, loan agency, security agency and corporate trustee services in the international debt capital markets.
With its origins in acting in complex restructuring transactions, GLAS' work covers a broad range of transactions ranging from direct lending with banks and debt funds to high yield bond issuances and complex debt restructurings. GLAS' services are delivered in connection with corporate debt, acquisition finance, project and infrastructure finance and sponsor and corporate led leveraged finance transactions.
GLAS currently has offices based in London, Sydney, New York, New Jersey, Brisbane, Paris, Germany and Singapore
- Base salary + bonus
- Hybrid working
- Long service award
- Career development and study support
- Good holiday entitlement
It's our people who make GLAS successful and we strive to recruit and retain the best people and operate in an environment underpinned by inclusivity, diversity, and opportunity. We recognise that a more inclusive workplace allows ideas and a variety of points of view to trigger discussions or deliver innovative results.
Besides, we want people at GLAS to be successful - we are committed in your career development. We truly believe in and live by our values of stepping in, stepping up and standing out.
In addition to our commitment to a diverse workforce we are also happy to talk about flexible working to support work life balance.