Cloud Engineer - System Administrator for Linux
• Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud organization
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock & Shares, Paid commuting to work, subsidised mobile phone allowance
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Systems Engineers/Administrators with strong customer support and technical skills, who are passionate about technology and who want to work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world. As a member of the AWS PS Team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
On a typical day, Engineers are at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features. We work diligently with our customers to dive deep into the root cause of their issues, focusing on our products, while also being exposed to other services that align with the customer infrastructure.
The AWS Premium Support team is seeking experienced and seasoned and Systems Engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and that have a strong technical background in , , , OS, web applications and more. Our Engineers are the "voice of the customer" and have a strong hands-on relationship with the development & architecture teams for recurring issues or complex feature requests.
You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you help customers deliver enterprise applications in the Cloud and will represent AWS as you interact directly with our developer community to resolve support issues. You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
• Apply advanced techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
• Leverage your customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
• Interact with leading technologists around the world.
What we love about working at AWS as a Cloud Engineer...
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Solid Experience as a or Unix Systems Engineer/Administrator
• Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP, IP .
• Troubleshooting skills at many levels of complexity.
• Good communication skills to successfully engage with customers.
• Flexible to work a staggered week, either Sun-Thu or Tue-Sat (no on-call)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience supporting 3-tier web applications/servers
• Troubleshooting issues
• Scripting in Shell/Python/Perl etc
• Good understanding of security best practices.
• Virtualization and/or cloud computing experience.
• Experience working in an enterprise IT environment
What if I do not meet all the basic and/or preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
Here at AWS as we have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.