Amazon is continuously striving to be the Earth's most customer-centric company. AWS has the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, with the deepest and broadest portfolio of cloud services available. Every day we are helping customers and partners maximize the value of cloud computing technologies.
AWS Professional Services (ProServe) is a global team of consultants that helps enterprise customers achieve their business outcomes on AWS Cloud. ProServe consultants work with hundreds of the world's largest enterprises to help them deliver their cloud initiatives.
About the Role
As a Cloud Architect, you will work with our customers to deliver AWS solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing & big data, archiving & disaster recovery for a wide range of industries. You will also have the opportunity to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity. Lastly, you will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects.
This role combines thought leadership across the globe with cutting code, designing architectures, and helping our customers build system components as they move and build new applications in the cloud.
• Lead multiple large customer teams through planning, prioritization on complex transformation initiatives
• Partner with senior stakeholders regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Lead project scoping and resource planning based on experience and insights
• Proactively seek new value-add opportunities for customers, and converts those new opportunities to realized value.
• Work with prospective customers on-site to understand customer's requirements, propose packaged offerings, and deliver custom solution engagements
• Regularly coach and mentor others on best practices BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive experience in IT implementation including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures
• Customer facing skills, ideally gained in presales or consultancy roles
• Experienced in design, development and deployment of business software at scale
• Experienced with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• AWS Certifications, associate or professional level
• Strong track record of hands-on, production AWS experience
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include: • Comprehensive Private Health Insurance • Paid Maternity and Parental Leave • Amazon Employee Discount on product and services • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Want to Come Build the Future with Us? Apply now for consideration.