Client Service Associate, Sydney - Asia Practice
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, product and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals. About The Role
The primary responsibility of the Client Service Associate is to work as part of a team managing all administrative aspects of The Asia Practice in a high volume, time critical environment. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate knowledge of the financial advice process, financial markets and product and industry trends. You will need to have a high attention to detail and should be able to prioritise your work accordingly and work well under pressure. The role will include direct contact with clients to ensure issues/queries are being addressed in a timely manner.
This role will deal specifically with Chinese clients therefore the successful candidate will need to be fluent in English & Mandarin. Responsibilities
• Facilitation of all administrative client queries
• Client on-boarding, including preparation of account documentation, creation of client record in MSWM systems and other platforms including BT
• Arrange and assist with maintenance of client account and records, in line with current AML/CTF, KYC Regulations,
• Ensuring all accounts adhere to the firm’s legal and regulatory obligations and observe the firms compliance procedures.
• Assist to manage The Asia Practice clients high risk rolling review paperwork
• IPO and corporate action allocation management
• Preparation of client valuations, asset allocations and generating investment reports as required
• Assist in client asset transfers, including cash, both domestically and internationally
• Process and monitor stock settlements, including follow up with clients regarding outstanding funds
• Assist to manage the quarterly dividends and distribution reinvestments
• Trade execution (when accredited)
• Assist with logistics and planning for The Asia Practice’s client events
• Provide ad hoc translation for marketing purposes
• Establish and maintain relationships with other internal stakeholders and departments
• Participate in department cross-training as required
• Participate in process development initiatives to increase efficiencies
• Proactively notify client/s and FA/s of any issues recommending a solution and timeframe
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Company Code of Conduct.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
• Understand US and UK tax forms like W8BEN and CRS (preferable)
• Understand Opt In, FDS and Client Consent (ie FOFA) forms (preferable)