Chief Audit Executive
Bank of Queensland
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading challenger banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian bank customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be the bold challenger bank; the digital bank of the future with a personal touch – which will enable our multi-brands including Bank of Queensland, ME and Virgin Money Australia.
The Chief Audit Executive (CAE) is responsible for the overall strategy, direction and leadership of the internal audit function for the Bank of Queensland Group. The CAE will bring their extensive professional expertise, strategic thinking and leadership and engagement skills, to design and drive the transformation of BOQ Internal Audit as a highly effective and respected assurance and advisory provider.
BOQ Group completed its acquisition of ME Bank on 1 July 2021, bringing the brand into its group alongside BOQ and Virgin Money. The CAE will undertake significant transformation of the existing function by bringing together two separate teams and building a fit for purpose function that will generate insights to support the business in the delivery of its vision to become a bold challenger bank through a digital and cultural transformation.
Maintain the independence of the Internal Audit function.
- Determine an appropriate internal audit universe (areas of potential internal audit focus) that is dynamic and reflects the current and emerging risks facing the business. The development of the universe should be done in collaboration and consultation with the various stakeholders,
- Manage all internal audit activity to coordinate audit projects, assessments, and regulatory audit requirements to fulfil the purposes and responsibilities approved by Executive Committee, the Board Risk Committee, and the Board Audit Committee.
- Combine the BOQ and ME internal audit teams efficiently while developing a fit for purpose function with the capabilities and culture to support the business pro-actively in its digital transformation, and to make Internal Audit a desirable team in which to work in furtherance of a BOQ Group career.
- Continuous improvement of the internal audit team.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the Internal Audit function, other control and oversight functions, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Attract, hire and retain a team of high- performing professionals.
- Maintain awareness of current developments and emerging issues affecting the Bank.
- More than 8 years of experience in a similar role
- Significant experience in building, transforming and managing internal audit functions including bringing separate teams together, strategy development, strategy execution, audit planning/ delivery and audit operations and enablement.
- Delivering a fit for purpose service for an organisation undertaking a digital transformation.
- Assurance experience gained either from the financial services industry or Big 4 Accountancy firms.
- Solid experience in communicating with regulators (APRA, ASIC, AUSTRAC) and knowledge of relevant regulatory standards.
- Execution experience across a broad range of specialist and corporate areas.
- Leadership of teams and management of development and execution of Internal Audit plan.
Lanson Partners has been instructed on this Executive Search and will be handling all applications.
For more information, kindly contact Levina Poon on email@example.com