Capital Markets Origination Summer Analyst, 2021 - Sydney
You're the brains behind our work.
You''re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it''s honing your skills or building your network; we know that success can''t come without growth. Our summer internship program equips you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on our team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi; we value internal mobility; and career growth is not a question of if; but when. Citi''s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Capital Markets Origination (CMO) team in Australia.
CMO advises corporate clients on capital raising activities and leads every part of the deal process: transaction origination, formulation of deal structure, security design, marketing and execution. Through CMO, Citi executes Initial Public Offerings, follow-on equity placements, convertible bonds, investment grade / high yield bonds, asset / mortgage-backed securities, and loans. Your time here will look something like this...
As a Summer Analyst in Capital Markets Origination, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects as if you were a full-time analyst, across both equity and debt capital markets - this is not a "shadow" position.
You will be required to:
• Compile, analyze, and assimilate financial information.
• Research market moving events and relevant live deals, to prepare client-ready presentation materials to update on the capital markets.
• Become familiar with equity, bond, or loan offerings, and play a fundamental role in deal origination and execution.
• Understand the market factors and parameters for pricing an equity, bond, or loan offering in the real world.
• Work hard, be proactive, and contribute to the team in a dynamic and stimulating work environment. We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We''re committed to teaching you the ropes. The 11-week rotational program starts with an intensive training program that comprises of orientation sessions coupled with on-the-job training. Training will include advanced accounting concepts; valuation techniques; Citi''s library and information services; and an overview of Citi''s key financial products. You will also be able to meet and network with Citi professionals from all parts of the firm through Citi''s formal buddy and mentor program, as well as attend a number of formal and informal Summer Social events; both of which are great opportunities to hear people''s experiences and learn more about the firm. Once you complete the program; you will be eligible for a full-time offer. We want to hear from you if...
• You are a penultimate or final year student pursuing a degree in any discipline
• You have strong academic record from all disciplines are welcome
• Dynamic with exceptional analytical skills
• You have demonstrated strong leadership, teamwork, and communication skills Who we think will be a great fit...
If you enjoy deconstructing and analyzing new situations; value hard work and creativity; and are motivated by creating a lasting impact with clients; the Citi CMO Summer Program is a great step in your career. Successful candidates take pride in all aspects of their work and recognize that it is a reflection not just of themselves, but of the firm. We value diversity of people and experiences and know you do as well.
We''ll also be looking for the following:
• Strong numerical and analytical skills, with basic knowledge in finance and accounting.
• Adaptability and resilience to work in a high pressure environment, with the capacity to multi-task.
• Intellectual curiosity and proactive eagerness to learn.
• Strong attention to detail with commitment to accurate and high quality work product.
• Team player with excellent communication skills.
Applications will only be accepted online and must include:
*Resume (including GPA/WAM stated).
*Cover letter addressed to Citi and the Capital Markets Origination business.
Applications close noon 27th July at 12pm Sydney time. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore early application is highly encouraged!
All degree disciplines are welcome to apply for a Summer Internship at Citi.