Do you want to work on designing and developing real-time financial risk systems?
The Sydney Risk Development team is responsible for delivering highly available applications used by the traders and risk committee for real-time market risk and other analysis (including limits, counterparty risk, P&L and scenario analysis).
In the role you will be involved in the analysis, design and development of risk applications in a Front Office trading environment. This complex software includes a combination of client and server side systems for pricing, P&L, scenarios, market data and risk metrics. You will work closely with the traders, quantitative analysts, compliance, and other technology teams to provide innovative solutions with a focus on highly scalable systems. You will see your ideas and hard work used by experienced traders across a diverse range of instruments and markets.
In the role you will:
- Analysis, design and development of business-critical Risk applications.
- Taking projects through the entire software development cycle from requirements gathering to production release.
- Committed to innovation with a strong interest in learning and working with new technologies.
- Continuous improvement of the capability of the Risk team and applications (through technology, automation and other means).
What we're looking for
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a technical or related discipline.
- Strong C# development skills with knowledge of: design, profiling, OO, multi-threading, user-interface development with experience on both the client & server side.
- Solid experience in C++ on Windows or Linux is also desirable.
- A demonstrated track record in risk, quantitative or trading systems development is preferred along with knowledge and experience of derivative instruments’ risks, pricing and greeks.
- Experience of real time applications (especially with Tibco RV) would be advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a thorough understanding of the full software development life-cycle. Ideally with solid experience in an Agile environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, and other software developers.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.