CIB - Global Research - Reserach Analyst, Metals & Mining - Executive Director
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Forming part of J.P. Morgan's Global Equity Research Team, the Australia Equity Research Team covers around 180 Australian and New Zealand listed companies across all major industry groups. This is enhanced by specialist staff who provide equity strategy, financial database, ESG, quantitative and economic expertise. Equity research products (fundamental analysis, thematic pieces, working models, etc) are produced, published and distributed globally to institutional clients. Bespoke research and corporate access also form part of the overall equity research product offering.
We are currently seeking an Executive Director in our Research Team to cover the Gold & Other Metals sectors.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Undertake thought-provoking valuation work across a range of asset classes and for different investor classes; produce cross-asset class work in collaboration with peers
- Distinguish whether or not news/data is already priced into a security and make a call with conviction even in the face of changing conditions or conflicting pressures
- Call trends before competitors, be a sounding board for top clients or traders
- Be recognized as the expert in your field and a market leader for information such that you are able to change the course of the Street's thinking
- Conceptualise and design new modeling paradigms or model-based frameworks for particular markets and market opportunities
- Oversee and drive the modeling work of junior people (including directing the team on how to allocate their "modeling time")
- Be accessible and proactive with clients and their needs; provide outstanding internal sales and trading coverage
- Complete models with resolve to avoid missing any market or timing opportunities
- Communicate your team's ideas with a persuasive curve to internal and external parties; tailor your communications by client need/type
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Build foundation of trust with clients/internal parties by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating ideas
- Prepare presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- Selling the whole firm, offering clients the full array of our product offerings
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Significant experience gained within a Research role in an investment banking environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current market (including trends) for the Mining sector
- Detailed understanding of the implications of news on a variety of asset classes and for different classes of investors
- Proven ability to create new analytical approaches and devise new frameworks for seeking out market opportunities
- The ability to tailor high quality comments/communications to particular audiences (external clients, traders, salespeople)
- Demonstrable written and spoken presentation skills such that presentations have maximum impact on audience
- An understanding of how to build a strong talent pipeline; identifies and works to retain strong performers
J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to retain our Silver Employer status in the 2018 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.