Business Analyst - Lending Systems
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be pivotal in positioning HSBC Australia for continued and long term sustainable growth through digital analysis and solution design for Credit/Debt systems. This role will support the Digital Business Services team in an Agile format by delivering on things such as Process/Workflow and Product Roadmaps. The Business Analyst role will work in close partnership with Project Managers, Business owners and product teams, designers, developers, and third party suppliers to deliver key projects for the business. The role is critical in translating business requirements, processes and workflow into detailed technology design. We are looking for someone that has broad end-to-end experience in the Banking industry, and bring the best and most innovative ideas to help us deliver the best customer experience. Responsibilities:
• Provides expertise in DevOps pipeline tools like Jenkins and Ansible
• Has expertise leading agile engineering teams using DevOps practices such as test automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Has expertise in Agile engineering practices (eg Scrum, Kanban, LEAN) as well as Disciplined Agile and SAFE framework experience
• Work within small to medium sized, low to medium complexity technology projects - likely to span across multiple business units and geographies
• Provides the Product Owner with administrative support whilst evolving Product roadmap, creation of epics and writing of user stories and managing the product backlog
• Creates analysis of customer journeys and product functionality
• Helps to define and track metrics and Performance Indicators for the product
• Guides the Agile Team performance and outcome metrics as required Qualifications Requirements:
• Retail Banking knowledge and experience is an advantage.
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related fields
• Expertise and experience in systems like Collections, Bureaus, Fraud, Risk and Decision Systems.
• Experience in cloud technology is a plus
• Experience in DevOps pipeline tools like Jenkins and Ansible
• Experience leading agile engineering teams using DevOps practices such as test automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment will be a bonus
• Having experience in Agile engineering practices (eg Scrum, Kanban, LEAN) as well as Disciplined Agile and SAFE framework experience will be a bonus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.