Description Position Description
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a talented team in the world of both software development and funds management. The company is dynamic and is looking for high achievers with excellent software development skills and an interest in financial markets as well as information technology.
The company is looking for a Business Analyst to work closely with the General Manager, APAC and Head of Product to manage the product roadmap and participate in Board approved projects. The role involves client support, business analysis, writing of specifications for software development and software testing, all within the context of administration, accounting and compliance for the funds management industry.
The successful candidate will be working in the Sydney office, reporting to the General Manager, APAC and working closely with the Development & Business Analyst Teams. The role is a permanent position and will appeal to those who will be comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-orientated environment. Flexible working arrangements are on offer. Key Responsibilities: General Role Responsibility
- Attend to client support queries.
- Work as part of the APAC Business Analyst team across the ongoing product Roadmap.
- Bridge the gap between stakeholders and the development team, interpreting business requirements into understandable development tasks to match a final software product with the expected business value.
- Wear a "tester" hat, creating quality test plans and cases that align with the requirements document.
- Keep line manager(s) updated on progress and advise them on all relevant issues.
Participate in ongoing project work as determined by the Project Manager. Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications
- A passion for software development and strong interest in the Financial Services industry.
- 5+ years of qualified experience in a business analyst role or finance/accounting discipline.
- Enjoys problem solving, analytical & numerical analysis.
- Reputable tertiary qualifications.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a multi-region team and global client base.
About our Company
- Fund administration or securities markets experience.
Apex Group Ltd., established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With 85 offices in 42 countries worldwide and over 10,000 employees. Apex delivers an extensive range of services to asset managers, capital markets, private clients and family offices. The Group has continually improved and evolved its capabilities to offer a single-source solution through establishing the broadest range of services in the industry; including fund services, digital onboarding and bank accounts, depositary, custody and super ManCo services, business services including HR and Payroll and a pioneering ESG Ratings and Advisory service for private companies.
Apex Group includes FundRock, LRI and European Depositary Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application and we look forward to hearing from you.
Personal data provided by job applicant(s) will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be treated strictly confidential. Such personal data can be accessed by different Apex stakeholders within and out of Australia for the consideration of the job application hereunder. Application made by the job applicant(s) constitutes the irrevocable consent of the job applicant for her/his personal data to be used by Apex stakeholders within or outside Australia for the purpose of this recruitment.