Australia Rates - Rates Trading - Vice President
This role sits within the fixed income front office; you will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help traders cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will assist the traders in managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you may support all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, research on index constituent changes, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of trade strategies. Your key responsibilities will include:
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Market making in your product to a range of the firm's customers.
- Building and developing new customer relationships to continue to expand the bank's franchise.
- Structured risk management of client flows and orders
- Critical thinking - Take the initiative to make the way we do business and our systems and processes better at every opportunity
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Play an active role in training and developing juniors; Take a leading role in people initiatives (recruiting, mentoring, training)
- Display leadership qualities and be capable and willing to invest in the growth of others
- Extensive experience working within an investment bank as a price-maker in product
- Communication skills - be able to interact proactively and effectively both with clients and with internal stakeholders
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of product(s) traded and support area functions of respective products
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to calculate and reconcile P&L
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently