Australia Rates - Rates Trading - Associate
This role sits within the fixed income front office; you will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will be covering institutional accounts and making markets in your group's particular range of products. You will be actively managing risk, liquidity and exposure; you must be able to exhibit sound judgment under pressure and a structured approach to trading and risk management. You will be expected to form and develop relationships with a range of customers. You will be expected to display leadership qualities and a willingness to lead by example in all you do, both within the specifics of your role but also as a contributor to firm culture. Your key responsibilities will include:
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Market making in your product to a range of the firm's customers.
- Building and developing new customer relationships to continue to expand the bank's franchise.
- Structured risk management of client flows and orders
- Critical thinking - Take the initiative to make the way we do business and our systems and processes better at every opportunity
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed
- Communication skills - be able to interact proactively and effectively both with clients and with internal stakeholders
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of product(s) traded and support area functions of respective products
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to calculate and reconcile P&L
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently