Australia Head of Linear Product & Trading - Markets
The role will report locally into the Head of Equities Australia and matrix into head of Linear Equities Trading and Platform ASIA . It has two key responsibilities - The first is to oversee and manage Citi's platforms which encompasses Electronic, Prime and FCX. A focus on product capabilities and enhancing platform effectiveness to grow P&L and client connectivity across channels within Equities. The role will also lead the business oversight of local legacy system decommissions and, global alignment of agency systems for HT, PT and EE with the regional and global frameworks. This technology focus will also be extended to D1, Synthetic & Cash PB as well as FCX.
The second element of the role will be manage the Linear Trading team, which includes D1/Index, ETF market making & cash facilitation. Responsibilities:
Job Family Group:
- Manage multiple teams, including management of people, budget, and planning as well as manage a matrixed team across key internal areas with direct/indirect reports (e.g. risk, finance, decision management, marketing, operations)
- Negotiate and make decisions on issues/activities having critical impact/influence on company revenues, capital, or business operations
- Develop and manage the risk and trading infrastructure, including portfolio risk, and ensure risks are correctly represented
- Utilize specialty knowledge to review, analyze, and develop beyond existing solutions
- Develop plans and execute functional strategies for business requiring coordination and integration across units, as well as provide input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within region/business
- Ensure solid partnerships and cross selling opportunities across range of products such as banking products, cash management, foreign exchange, credit, capital markets, and wealth management to deliver comprehensive services and solutions for clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with risk, business risk, compliance, and other relevant groups within Citi, as well as develop and ensure execution of the business strategy, and manage risk and compliance
- Partner with other global, regional, and country leaders to share best practices and drive business strategies, solutions, and client centric solutions to differentiate Citi in the marketplace and achieve substantial growth targets for the business
- Engage in internal and external negotiations
- Attract, motivate, develop, and retain executive talent
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Institutional Trading Job Family:
Trading Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting