Associate (Fixed Term) - Promontory Financial Group Sydney
Your Role and Responsibilities About the Business Unit:
Promontory Financial Group, a division of IBM, is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Promontory Financial Group excels at helping clients resolve critical issues, particularly those with a regulatory dimension. Promontory professionals have unparalleled regulatory experience and insight, and provide our clients with frank, proactive advice informed by best practices and regulatory expectations.
Promontory Australasia is a boutique operation with offices in Sydney and Singapore and maintains strong links to the US, Europe and other parts of Asia. Our consultants in Australia have backgrounds in finance, law, mathematics, economics, engineering and auditing.
In recent years Promontory Australasia has completed a number of high-profile engagements with Australian financial institutions and due to a strong pipeline of work we are looking to expand our team with a highly skilled, adaptable and dependable individual to join the high performing Sydney office to assist in the completion of a number of current challenging projects. Introduction
As a member the Promontory Australasia team at IBM you will contribute to the firm's global efforts to provide clients with solutions to challenging strategic, risk management, and regulatory compliance issues. Our growing team of specialists offer the following services across Prudential, Conduct and AML/CTF/KYC Regulation:
- Remediation Services - Independent assurance to regulators and firms over remediation programs
- Compliance and Risk Management Advisory - Advice on risk governance and management policies and procedures
- Regulatory Framework Advisory - Advising regulators on building regulatory frameworks
- RegTech - Working with IBM to leverage their technology to develop cognitive/AI based compliance solutions
- Regulatory Liaison Advisory - Helping our clients navigate relationships with Regulators
We are looking for exceptional candidates with a financial planning remediation/audit background to join our Sydney operation on a fixed-term basis as an Associate to play a crucial role in remediation engagements for our clients. The successful candidate will come from a financial services and/or consulting background, with experience working on large financial advice remediation programs.
Roles and Responsibilities As an Associate you will demonstrate your ability to:
To be successful in this role a candidate must possess:
- Contribute to relevant projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure delivery to schedule and budget.
- Work autonomously, undertaking analysis as directed.
- Review advice files to ensure that the advice has been audited in accordance with regulatory expectations.
- Identify errors or anomalies in analysis and escalate these to the management team.
- Assist in the generation of reports on exceptions.
- Perform reconciliations across documents and other information as required.
- Conduct research into new and emerging regulatory developments, or changes in industry practice.
- Work as part of a team to ensure the integrity of approach and performance.
- Participate in the QA process including peer reviews.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, simply and logically.
- Strong written communication skills with, the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound judgement, alongside strong organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise effectively.
- Strong understanding of the regulations which apply to our client base and the businesses in which they operate.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the engagement team on day-to-day aspects of engagement activities, receptive to exchange of ideas and constructive criticism.
- Drive, discipline and enthusiasm to work independently under pressure, and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy.
- Ability to work closely, and communicate effectively, with clients and within all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- An undergraduate degree in either Accounting, Commerce, Finance, or Law - with postgraduate qualifications highly regarded.
- RG 146 compliance
- Minimum 3 years' experience in financial planning or related areas including remediation or auditing within a financial institution or professional services will be well regarded.
- Track record working in a fast-paced and unstructured environment.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise