Associate Director - Internal Audit
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 20 Feb 18
See job description for details
- We'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies from day one
- Opportunity to work with organisations across a variety of industries
- Based in Sydney CBD with some travel required
A key component of KPMG's Risk Assurance practice is our Internal Audit (IA) team who work with boards and management to achieve optimal governance, risk and control environments that support organisations strategic and operational priorities.
IA work with organisations across a variety of industries with a particular focus on utilities, oil & gas, transport, government, mining, financial services and healthcare, delivering a range of services across all industry sectors in the areas of Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Controls Transformation, Corporate Governance and Major Project Advisory.
We currently have an opportunity for an Associate Director to join our market-leading Internal Audit team in Sydney.
Your new role
As an Associate Director you will:
- Manage a portfolio of clients across the Corporates sector, with a focus on telecommunications, media, industrial and consumer markets.
- Lead business development pursuits across sectors or with a focus on specific sectors, including: building business relationships, leading business development activities including tenders, delivering presentations and contributing to the development of the Firm through exceptional networking skills and effective identification of any potential business opportunities
- Manage the overall scoping, execution and delivery on a variety of internal audits as well as advisory projects
- Financial management of client engagements and communication of significant issues, fees, and estimates-to-complete to Partners and client
- Be advising high profile clients with major capital as well as operational project initiatives, focusing on risk management, process review and controls
- Recent experience consulting in an internal audit or risk associated role, delivering Governance, Risk and/or Internal Audit services, either in industry and/or in a client-facing role
- Current or prior Big 4 / Consultancy experience highly valued
- Demonstrated working knowledge of an industry sector(s) including: telecommunications, media, industrial and consumer markets, utilities, oil and gas or transport.
- Strong ability to analyse information quickly using innovative solutions to solve complex problems;
- Previous Business Development experience - previous professional services experience with demonstrated sales experience will be highly regarded
- A tertiary qualification (post-grad qualifications such as CIA/CPA/CA will be viewed favourably)
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 29 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time