See job description for details
About The Role
- Join an organisation that prides itself on diversity of people and thought
- Build your career your way
- An exciting opportunity to work in Sydney CBD
Role Location: 242 Pitt St Sydney, NSW 2000
Role Type: Permanent
Work Schedule: Full-time
Our Loan Structuring and Execution (LSE) team plays a critical role in driving the quality and consistency of complex loans for our Institutional and Corporate Banking customers.
We work with deal teams and credit to achieve commercially driven, well-managed outcomes for our customers which provide a competitive advantage. As an Associate Director in the LSE team, you will be responsible for the structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution of tailored bilateral, club and syndicated loan facilities. Our team manages the documentation process by offering commercial structuring advice, leading customer negotiations and liaising with external lawyers.
You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of deals each day, including bilateral, club, syndicated, leverage, capital call, partner capital and structured asset finance loan facilities. You will assist with structuring of transactions and preparation of term sheets and mandate documents, be responsible for the appointment and management of lawyers, reviewing externally prepared finance documents, negotiating finance documentation and ensuring documentation is in line with bank policy and credit approvals. At the end of the deal, you will be responsible for execution and managing the condition precedent to financial close.
You will also have the opportunity to work on key projects in connection with the delivery of loans to our customer, and the provision of learning opportunities to the broader bank. About You
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Experience working on a broad range of loan facilities and transaction structures.
- Sound understanding of finance documentation, including mandate documents, facility agreements, guarantees, security documents and side deeds.
- Developed deal structuring skills, including commercial and analytical judgment of transactions and understanding of appropriate risk allocation.
- Solution focused approach, with the ability to develop pragmatic, commercial solutions.
- Good understanding of Australian market terms.
- Developed negotiation, influencing, networking and relationship skills and the capacity to quickly develop and build strong and respected relationships with customers, credit and other key stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Existing networks in the bank debt market, including the legal market.
- Legal background would be highly regarded but not essential
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS129703