Associate, AU Securities Middle Office
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. About The Team
The AU Securities Middle Office team supports all client-related equity trading activity from the point of trading through to settlement. The objective of the team is to maintain a high level of value added service and to partner with the Business Unit to address key internal and client issues. The team encompasses the below functional roles, the role will be expected to execute at a high level ensuring support and risk mitigation across all functional lines:
• Broker Services: AU/NZ Equity Markets
• Client Services : All Global Equity Markets About the Role
The Client Service aspect of the role is responsible for close liaison with the equities traders, client confirmation (including ETC) generation, interaction with domestic and offshore divisions to facilitate timely and accurate settlement plus accurate books and balances and trade booking functions. The team is the main point of contact responsible for handling all client service related tasks.
The Trade Support aspect of the role is responsible for close liaison with equities, derivatives and program desk traders, interaction with domestic and offshore divisions to facilitate timely and accurate settlement, reconciliations with the ASX, plus accurate books and balances and trade booking functions.
There are regulatory reporting requirements which are completed within this team, this impacts the starting/end times within the team and requires Director & Officer Sign off. Key Responsibilities Include:
• Supporting clients and other business divisions to provide wide range of support related to post-trade execution and settlement process
• Trade allocation and confirmation generation to clients
• Query resolution from clients and sales traders
• Client relationship management through day-to-day processing and contact
• Establishing new client relationships, including AML documentation
• Monitoring unmatched trades for timely settlement
• Reviewing and monitoring risk reports and managing exception items
• Participation in projects and change initiatives
• Onboarding & Static Data maintenance
• Reconcile wash, trading and intercompany accounts
• Reconcile books and records with Exchange feeds after market close daily
• Reconcile Operations / Front office books daily and send out relevant reporting
• Co-ordinate and facilitate resolution of trade discrepancies (liaison with desk, IT)
• Deal maintenance and Trade Exception Processing: Amend trade details such as rate, quantity, TD/VD , etc instruction given by desk or client service groups
• Settlement Processing and Fail Investigation: minimize fails to market and SL fails, also its extra borrow cost
• Submit several Regulatory Reports to the ASX and ASIC
• Provide feedback on process improvements
• Liaise with local and global IT teams to ensure that trades flow through firm systems correctly
• Become involved in projects / strategic work as required
• Collate monthly management reporting data Qualifications: We are looking for high calibre people who possess the following competencies:
• Experience in the financial services industry
• Customer focused & a team player
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
• Self-motivated, independent & focused worker
• Strong analytical, numerical and inter personal skills.
• Prioritization and time management skills.
• Problem solving through initiative and tenacity.
• Ability to multi-task and grasp new concepts quickly.
• Ability to take ownership of issues and ensure resolution.
• Ability to work under pressure and achieve results, whilst maintaining a professional, friendly and client service manner
• Flexibility, in particular around working hours. Qualifications/ Experience
• 1-4 years' experience in an Operations role;
• 1-2 years' experience with a global investment bank (Equity Trade Support experience an advantage);
• 1-2 years' experience working with sales/traders & clients Opportunities for the individual
• Develop technical knowledge of the Operations function in a financial services organization.
• Work as part of a global team utilizing the resources and skills available to deliver solutions locally.
• Build skills in working across geographic locations within a multi-cultural environment, adapting solutions to different cultural environments. Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.