The role of an Assistant Vice President with the Corporate Bank in Australia is to partner with Senior Bankers in managing a portfolio of franchise clients. This includes credit stewardship and management of the client portfolio, being actively involved in developing/structuring/executing high profile transactions, and working alongside partners across to deliver the Citi platform (i.e. Capital Markets, Markets & Risk Management, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Corporate Advisory and Risk Management).
Our Junior Bankers are part of a team who build and grow our long-term relationships with clients; addressing their most complex banking needs, helping them to succeed in their businesses by solving problems and realizing opportunities. Our bankers act as the primary contact point through which our clients access Citi's capabilities; they develop integrated financing strategies for our clients and orchestrate the delivery of relevant parts of Citi's coverage and its product platform.
This experience is an excellent opportunity to build your career in banking. Development Value
Key Competencies Required
- Build industry experience with some of Australian's largest corporate clients;
- Opportunity to participate in, and manage transactions, from origination through to execution; and
- Broadening of credit acumen, relationship management skills, and develop a deeper knowledge of the entire Citi Institutional Clients Group and product suite.
- Ability to review, interpret and analyse financial statements as well as third-party research and use that information to undertake detailed credit analysis with a view to making informed recommendations for accepting and/or managing the risks in a transaction or relationship;
- Strong financial modelling skills and the ability to forecast cashflows (including testing assumptions, drivers, together with the fluency to modify models as needed);
- Understanding of corporate, acquisition and project finance related legal documentation for both financing and derivatives transactions;
- Familiarity with reviewing legal, technical, accounting and other due diligence reports;
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices of clients' and their competitors;
- Familiarly with bank returns methodology (including the underlying drivers) and risk systems/processes;
- Comprehensive understanding of macroeconomics and ability to articulate the impact of key economic data on clients and their credit profiles;
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and work with business partners to structure and market solutions/ideas;
- Support the Corporate Bank team with regional and global initiatives (including responding to information requests); and
- Support the Senior Banker in managing the Australia & New Zealand balance sheet including reporting, credit monitoring and budgeting
- Experience in metals & mining and Infrastructure sectors would be beneficial
Job Family Group:
- University degree or higher;
- Team player who works well with others;
- High energy with a strong work ethic;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a time-sensitive environment;
- Strong writing, analytical, communication and presentation skills; and
- Previous experience within a banking environment in a role with exposure to external clients, internal product partners and credit processes (including relationship management and credit analysis).
Institutional Banking Job Family:
Corporate Banking Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting