Assistant Vice President, Bank Funding Trader
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Assistant Vice President, Bank Funding Trader
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Strategic Asset and Liability Management (SALM) is one of the key areas within Corporate Treasury. The SALM team manages enterprise liquidity and ensures that funding is maintained at levels sufficient to operate in normal and stressed scenarios. We are tasked to forecast the sources and uses of funds across a variety of entities and currencies, taking into account business input, the Company's risk appetite and projected market conditions in order to effectively manage key cash and liquidity positions. Implementation of our funding and hedging strategies necessitates flawlessly executing transactions with internal and external counterparties in accordance with liquidity and capital constraints, internal guidelines, legal limitations and regulatory directives.
SALM employees interact daily with internal and external constituents including lines of business (LOBs), other functions such as Balance Sheet Management (BSM), Corporate Treasury Finance, Global Liquidity Management (GLM), internal risk and compliance partners, market participants and investors. The mission of SALM is to ensure Bank of America Corporation and all its subsidiaries are sufficiently funded at all times. The team utilizes its global presence to provide efficient funding strategies across the enterprise in the most cost effective manner, while managing the risks associated with those strategies.
A successful career in Corporate Treasury requires one to think critically about the many challenges facing our company and industry with an emphasis on attention to detail, teamwork and strong communication skills. The Treasury group provides an opportunity to gain broad knowledge about the company and its many businesses as well as the global markets in which we transact. In this role, one's day to day experience will be varied and challenging, and will allow you to extend your skills within various disciplines, such as market analysis, short-term money market execution and real-time liquidity management.
- As per SALM policies and procedures, provide funding trade execution for designated legal entities in coordination with global partners
- Provide foreign exchange and derivative trade execution for Treasury needs
- Provide liquidity risk counsel and pricing consultation to lines of business (LOBs)
- Funding forecasting
- In concert with local and enterprise partners, analyze business plans and forward balance sheet for designated legal entities and develop an appropriate funding plan
- Work with business partners to develop an understanding of future business flows and risks
- Work closely with international peers to coordinate flows and promote efficiency
- Investigate and correct forecast misses in order to minimize future variance
- Risk management
- Manage risks within established metrics consistent with the company's risk appetite
- Hedge interest rate and foreign exchange exposures where necessary per policy
- Be a subject matter expert and consult with LOB's on liquidity risk drivers and constraints
- Manage excess liquidity to meet statutory and operational requirements and achieve maximum efficiency
- Balance sheet analytics
- Monitor changes in assets and liabilities and understand causation
- Work with the FTP group to insure that practices and methodologies drive desired behavior
- Ensure that a robust control environment is maintained through compliance with all laws, regulation, policies, procedures and directives.
- Participate in technology enhancement projects
Respond to spontaneous information/reporting requests both internally and from regulators
- Undergraduate degree with quantitative focus / prefer finance, accounting or engineering major
- Banking experience with focus on treasury, liquidity management, balance sheet analytics, funds transfer pricing, risk or finance
- Strong Excel skills are a must
- Word and PowerPoint proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of constituents including seasoned teammates, management and disparate business partners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the enterprise with key LOB partners
- Understanding of markets, financial statements, liquidity and risk
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at a management level in English
Desired Skills (if any)
- Execution experience in interest rate and foreign exchange products both cash and derivatives
- An appropriate second language is valuable in nations where English is not the primary language
- Creative problem solving skills and orientation
- A genuine interest in financial markets / a drive to "win"
- Effective communication skills
Posting Date: 10/08/2018
1 FARRER PLACE - GOVERNOR PHILLIP TOWER
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 38